OPEN TO ALL FISHRAIDERS

DATE AND TIMES: Sat 16th August 2008 8.30am till 5pm

Sat 23rd August 2008 10am till 1pm for your EXAM

VENUE: KINGSGROVE RSL

BROCKLEHURST LANE

KINGSGROVE NSW 2208

Ph: 9150 8466

COST: $150 per person

This includes your MROCP handbook, your exam fee and your lunch and morning and afternoon tea.

This Government approved course is to be delivered by registered OMC invigilators.

Mr Bob Foster comes to us with many years of experience as Flotilla Commander with Coast Guard Sydney until his retirement. His offsider will be Mr Harry Parsons who took the helm as Flotilla Commander after Bob.

Please add your name here asap. The numbers are limited and we need time to purchase the handbooks from Australian Maritime College in Tasmania. Money will need to be paid to confirm your attendance. Details of this will be posted when participant numbers are clearer.

This is an excellent opportunity for fishraider members to gain the skill and knowledge essential for confident and responsible use of a marine radio, including exposure to distress and safety procedures. Don't forget that penalties for operating a VHF radio without a certificate includes fines of up to $165,000 and even imprisonment.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

ATTENDEES

mrsswordfisherman

Bar Up

Polynemus_Sheridani

Rompa

smokinjoe

dandas

BFB

fishfreak

austwave

peahead

Boban

daleyboy

varos1911

R_Zee

double_pluggers

brickman and Neil

Don't forget that penalties for operating a VHF radio without a certificate includes fines of up to $165,000 and even imprisonment.

Seriously? So I use my VHF radio to sign in to the VMR - and I may get fined?

I never knew that!

Better start thinking about getting certified - is it something that ever needs to be updated or renewed?

Mike

G'day Mike ,

Yes , its true , operating a VHF Marine radio without a Certificate of Proficiency is an offence , and the penalties can be very steep!!

The good news is , once you have been issued with your certificate , it is yours for life !!

I did the course last year , the invigilators are first class , and the course is very comprehensive , covering all facets of Marine Radio work , not just VHF. Having a VHF on board is not enough , you really need to know how to use it effectively , particularly in an emergency .

Ross

I did the course last year , the invigilators are first class , and the course is very comprehensive , covering all facets of Marine Radio work , not just VHF. Having a VHF on board is not enough , you really need to know how to use it effectively , particularly in an emergency .

Ross

So do you mean this is the 'better' (if you know what I mean) course, that covers the additional radio. Sorry, not sure I've explained myself properly as I don't exactly know the differences, but theres 2 main courses, one thats just VHF, one that includes something else as well....is this the 'something else' one?

:insane:

Yes , this is the course with all the bells and whistles. The MROCP ( MARINE RADIO OPRATORS CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY) will be the licence issued at the succesful completion of this course .

Just to give you an idea of the course contents , here are some of the subjects covered :

Radio Propagation

Watchkeeping ( RadioTelephony)

Maritime Communications , Coast Radio and Limited Coast Stations

Power Supplies

Marine Radio Communications Equipment

Digital Selective Calling

EPIRBS

Search and Rescue transponders ( SARTs)

All of this and a whole lot more !!

Ross

Hi guys.

Any news on how we can pay for this?

Thanks allot

Dan

Hi Dan

As I said in main post - details will be sent to all persons once I get numbers.

The venue is organised - even down to what you will eat for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea :)

I will be sending personal messages soon to all candidates with instructions on payment etc.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

I have enough to run this right now and it will be on

I know there may be about 10 more coming so get in quick

When I send the details for payment - those that have paid will be given first in. Payment will be by electronic transfer to an account.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

mrsswordfisherman

Bar Up

Polynemus_Sheridani

double pluggers

Rompa

smokinjoe

dandas

BFB

gary

neil

wonniefisho

daleyboy

varos1911

Austwave

All those listed above please check your pm. I have sent you some details.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

PS Any women going to join me on the course :) ?

Hi , If there is room left I would like to get in also if possible

Hi Craig,Donna will send you the details.

Cheers Stewy