2 Grumpy Old Men

G'Day all,

It has been many years coming, but it gives me immense pleasure to write this report. As many of you know, my parents have recently arrived from Victoria, and I had asked Dene if we could take Dad (Robert) for a day on the water, as he had never caught a saltwater fish on plastic. Dene readily agreed, and we set out this morning in pristine conditions.

Within 10 minutes, Rob was on to a great flattie of 55cm. A PB for him and a great way to commence the morning :thumbup: Minutes later, and Dene is on for an equally good fish. This set the scene for a superb session. :1yikes:

Dene caught a great blackie (40cm) on gulp (hooked in a rather unusual place towards the tail of the fish, but landed nonetheless :074:) . Between the three of us we managed to land several good quality flathead. Unfortunately, my bloody camera was not playing the game :mad3::mad3: and I missed some very important fish captures, including Rob's PB bream on plastics.

We managed to land approx 18 flathead, 1 bream and 1 blackie. I made an offhanded comment to the blokes, stating "It would be nice to show Rob a nice flattie before he goes home". Two casts later, and Rob's rod is buckled over, with the tip exhibiting some deep headshakes ... this was a better fish! After a bit of a struggle, the net was slid under an extremly fat 60cm model. She was a beauty! Again, the lack of a camera really hit home, but Rob released the old girl anyway.

We ended up bringing home a great feed of fish, and have given Rob (and myself) some very important memories for many years to come. A HUGE thank you to Dene for enabling Dad to enjoy one of best plastics sessions he has ever experienced.

Rob with 2 of his fish approx 55cm

post-3198-1215250564_thumb.jpg

Our 'take-home' bag for the morning, with 4 fish over 54cm

post-3198-1215250785_thumb.jpg

Hodgey

Well done Hodgey & Hodgey Snr & Dene for making it happen!!! Terrific day out on the water - congrats on your pbs (Dene's as well .... 40cm blackie on gulp - that's raising the bar!!) Bet he couldn't hook one in the same place again (near the tail, that is!! :074: )

Hodgey Snr will be absolutely hooked on plastics after that session - no more smelly bait for him!! :)

We just had a lovely fish dinner ourselves, so know how it is!! :) :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Ya gotta get that camera fixed .... or replace it!

Ahhh Grasshopper... the student has now become the teacher. :ph34r:

It's always special getting going out fishing with dad no matter how old we get. My dad's no kind of fisherman but I'll never forget that he took me out to catch my first ever fish on a rod and line. Great that you got into some good fish.

I feel sorry for the flatties though now that there are 3 generations of Hodgeys giving them a hammering.

Cheers, Slinky

Hodgey, i am pretty sure the camera will be the last thing you think of in years to come when you remember the day. Its great when everything falls into place. Weather, fish, company its all about memories and having a ball also extracting some good lizards & breambo's in the process!

Well done on your bag of fish and its great you enjoyed the day with the old man also tops on a great report as well. :thumbup:

See you in a couple of weeks

Cam

What a great session Hodgey, 1ST TIP :throw that camera away and get a new one, never want to miss 'those' moments, that is a great haul of winter flatties, Cheers...