Browns Fin 65.7kg

holmes

went to browns today to chase fin and decided to set a spread of lures out so as i was setting the last lure the long corner starts screaming so 2min with lures in the water we had hooked up on 15kg we knew it was a good fish after it took about 600m of line on the first run so long story short after a 1hr 30min fight we had him boat side dragged him on board and by that time there were smiles all round. went to weigh it in at sgfc and it pulled the scales to 65.7kg bled so a very pleasing day and a new pb pictures are posted below

cheers

boutime

Edited by boutime

went to browns today to chase fin and decided to set a spread of lures out so as i was setting the last lure the long corner starts screaming so 2min with lures in the water we had hooked up on 15kg we knew it was a good fish after it took about 600m of line on the first run so long story short after a 1hr 30min fight we had him boat side dragged him on board and by that time there were smiles all round. went to weigh it in at sgfc and it pulled the scales to 65.7kg bled so a very pleasing day and a new pb pictures are posted below

cheers

boutime

Hey there mate nice fish and congratulations on such a top effort, very nice fish it will be close to a record i think? I was suppose to head out for a fin out browns on saturday but my crew fell sick unlucky to have two people out at once anyway once again congratulations and i am sure the beers were flowing down the club :beersmile: ow hows the course going? :1prop: catcha steve

Very nice fish indeed on 15kg tackle, congratulations.

It was also very nice of the guys from SGFC to weight it for you.

For the guys that only use heavy tackle for these sized fish, see it is possible, another win for the T&R Line Class Debate. :tease:

Edited by Sharkmansgfc

Unless you've pulled fish like that on 15Kg you don't appreciate the effort, stamina, skills and luck involved in boating such a torpedo.

Excellent effort.

Don't you just love to see sickles that size! :1yikes:

Nice catch, will definately stay in the memory bank for some time to come.