A Classic Albacore & Yellowfin Receipe That You Will Love

Steve07

Raiders i first tried this receipe down at bermagui about 12 years ago during the peak Yellowfin & Albacore

season that we used to go down & fish for a week in may/june for about 8years straight.

Its very simple & quick but tastes sensational,especially if sliced up & cooked either that day you catch it or

the next day or 2 while its been in the fridge.

I guarantee you will love it & next time you get a few, very little will be given away to all your friends.

Wether its albacore,yellowfin,striped Marlin or Mako Shark,it works just as well for all of them & still

today along with all the friends ive fished with over many years its the only way we cook it.

It goes something like this:

Get a nice piece of freshly filleted yellowfin(i always try & get the piece cut from just behind the fishes

head & down the shoulder)grab a very sharp & thin bladed knife,cutting it in thin slices about 2cm thick.

Place a layer of the fish in a flat kind of dish,then over that layer pour on soy sauce,sweet chilli sauce & honey.Be generous with the amount you put over the top,believe me it makes all the difference.

Then place another layer of sliced fish on top & again pour the same 3 ingredients over the top of that

layer.

Then place another layer of fish on top of the last & repeat the process with the same ingredients.

3 layers is usually the best,but depends on how many people are there to share it with you.

Then & here is the messy part,make sure your hands are clean before you do it,start mixing up all the

layers of sliced fish thoroughly with your hands so that all the ingredients & fish are well & truly mixed

through in that dish.Place the dish of marinated yellowfin in the fridge for an hour & leave it.

When its done fire up the barbie,pour some olive oil on top or if you dont have it,butter works as well.

Throw on the sliced yellowfin that you have marinated & chilled for an hour,cooking it about 2 minutes

each side & you are done.Have a salad on the side as well if you desire(ladies nearly always want the salad)

grab a nice cold beer & enjoy!! :beersmile:

cheers

Nexus