Sydney Mako Comp

runamuk

Runamuk just got home m8, well what a day! 10-15KN STH swell around 1-2meteres and just slop, conditions of course improved but very late in the day. Quite a few fish around with the biggest mako so far weighing in at 202kg by Jack Doyle on Blue Murder, few jelly bean fin 16kg lol, thresher shark not sure of weight est over 100kg, GREAT WHITE 21 FT LONG ESTIMATED AT 1500KG+ ATE IN 2 BITES A 130 ODD KG BLUE SHARK TIED TO THE BOAT IN TWO BITES ON VIDEO!!!!!!! .So thats all i can remember, im sure more to come

Hi all......

Just to help put in perspective to the size of this great white that has been mentioned

i thought i would mention a few things in regards to what was witnessed by those aboard Tantrum...

When this shark was first seen surfing down the waves to the back of the boat the first expression given

was 'OH MY GOD'.... :1yikes::1yikes: and after casualy as you may.....accepting the offering's of the blue shark it was then teased further closer to the boat with the remaining stub of tail and rope that remained from that shark...

were upon this giant then lifted its head and shoulders out from the the water were those onboard were able to pat

this giant on the head....as this was all happening there were able gauge a few observations...

against the known length of there own boat they were able to asertain its length to of

a consevative 22 feet long...and approx 3,000 lbs in weight with a girth equal to a well known expression of like a V dove......

the teeth were around 50mm long and 60mm wide.... the spacing alone between the teeth was around 10-15mm

the comment was made that the head felt that hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that if you were to hit it with a sledgehammer it would only bounce off.....

it all so displayed battle scars behind the dorsal not unlike those experianced

after mating....who would want to get close and personal with him ( or her)

defy's belief......

the shark remained swimming around the boat for approx 1 hour

Truly a sight that a lot of us would of dearly loved to of witnessed first hand although admittably

not from a trailerboat...this shark (presumably this shark) then paid visit to another boat

sunday morning on the shelf directly in front of the heads sniffed around said hello to the terrified crew and then moved on....

if any shark is to be able to take the name of "JAWS'..... then you would all have to agree that this one sure sounds deserving of it....

Cheers Warnie...

Edited by ungry warnie

Hey Warnie lol on the tuna, well done! I think Glenn was still in shock when i spoke to him Sat, Geez he sounded buggered on the radio when the call came thru. Would of truly been an awesome sight and its good to know there still lurking out there!

Crew of More Charisma, who fished the comp got one mako on saturday and left at 12.30 on Sunday.

Also confirmed that these guys know there fish and are excellent at what they do!

The sight of such a fish is precious and would be quite overwhelming. We had had only one white (which ended up being hooked), but our estimates were about 14-15 feet with a weight of ???????, but it eat a bait being wound in took off and peeled 250-300m on 24 at sunset before straightening the hook!I will try and find a pic of the 14/0 sea master and post.

I can't start to imagine what that thing would have been like. WOW!

dale, reel magic

post-7690-1217406838_thumb.jpg

Edited by reelmagic

I also have video footage of a White of similar size to the one seen by tantrum

It happened about 6 years ago on the shelf off Port Hacking.

Was one of my most memorable experiences. To see an AWESOME fish like that just swimming

around the boat is something you cant explain. Even the footage doesn't do it justice

Yeah i check this site 3/4 times a day to see this footage.

hi all...

Just thought i would mention that i

have made arrangements to drop in to a mate of mine who took some video footage

on that day and will have a look at what was taken, for he did make mention of dissapointment in the

quality shot due to glare on the water from the angle of the afternoon sun and then will endevour to try and

post some video footage, and pic's if forthcoming.....

Like you, i am very keen to be able to see some footage ...i will see what i can arrange

Cheers Warnie...

Crew of More Charisma, who fished the comp got one mako on saturday and left at 12.30 on Sunday.

Also confirmed that these guys know there fish and are excellent at what they do!

The sight of such a fish is precious and would be quite overwhelming. We had had only one white (which ended up being hooked), but our estimates were about 14-15 feet with a weight of ???????, but it eat a bait being wound in took off and peeled 250-300m on 24 at sunset before straightening the hook!I will try and find a pic of the 14/0 sea master and post.

I can't start to imagine what that thing would have been like. WOW!

dale, reel magic

I dont mean to be rude but why were you fishing with 24KG line when i was a 15KG Line classs comp ?

hi all...

Just thought i would mention that i

have made arrangements to drop in to a mate of mine who took some video footage

on that day and will have a look at what was taken, for he did make mention of dissapointment in the

quality shot due to glare on the water from the angle of the afternoon sun and then will endevour to try and

post some video footage, and pic's if forthcoming.....

Like you, i am very keen to be able to see some footage ...i will see what i can arrange

Cheers Warnie...

Thanks look forward to it.

We have a club meeting next tuesday night, hopefully ill be able to get some transfers via the phone and post what i can.

Carnivore can you whack any of your footage up?

Mate, Im only new to this site but ill see what I can do. I have it all converted to DVD so Ill see if I can extract it. By the way, my footage actually made the news as it was submitted to Channel 9

who won the comp

gary

Gary for your's and anybody's elses interest

28 boats fished and unfortunately a Gale Warning was issued at 10.40am so as per NSWGFA rules, the Tournament had to be cancelled immediately.

Winners were

Heaviest Mako - 200.2kg - Blue Murder

Most Tagged Sharks - Executioner

Heaviest Tuna - (Ungry )

Most Tagged Tuna - Executioner

Junior T&R - Jake Henderson (Blue Murder)

Junior Capture - Adam Dankert (Gambit)

Cheers Warnie...

who won the comp

gary

Blue murder won the comp for heaviest mako which went 200.2 kg. Gambit took out jr angler with adam danckert on a mako that went 177 kg. Most tagged mako went to the executioner and heaviest yft went to Ungry with a yft 19.4 kg. hope that helps mate

A few shots i took at the tourney.

SGFCMakoTournament057.jpg

SGFCMakoTournament028Large.jpg

SGFCMakoTournament045Large.jpg

SGFCMakoTournament090Large.jpg

Hey sammy its grant here mate the pics turned out really good how did chris pull up on monday after 3 hrs on the rod. Been doin any fishin was gunna go out on sunday with blue murder but we will have to see how the weather goes. Talk to you soon

cheers Grant