Wanted: Jewfish Enthusiasts For Company & Help With My Boat

jewgaffer

Hi Everyone

I need to arrange trips where I will have good company with me and receive launch and retrieve help from others who have general fishing and boating experience and are keen to fish for jewfish.

I can either take my boat or go in a well set up member's boat on almost any weekday and on some weekends when I don't have other fishing commitments. I have ongoing back problems but want to fish on regardless.

Fishing the Hawkesbury would be from the early morning until mid to late in the evening if necessary, whereas the Port Hacking or the Georges sessions would mean starting off in the early afternoon. For best results in the Georges session we would have a good fish in Botany Bay with the jewfish gear before heading upriver.

After fishing weekend after weekend in the Hawkesbury lately, I have no more over nighters in mind until the present cold weather improves. I am also considering fishing way up river in the Hawkesbury as far as Wiseman's if an interested member is based up that way.

I would also like to hear from boatless retirees or part time workers or members dad's etc who are handy to Campbelltown or those who are prepared to come up for a fish in my boat and leave from Campbelltown.

My boat is a well set up side console which fishes two in the stern and two in the bow, and after a chat, a good number of equally weighted jewfish rods can be fished in current areas without much problem, and take it from me correctly managing a good number of widely spread rods on a mixture of baits and the proper use of burley vastly improves the chances.

Please post replies and we can go from there.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hey Jewgaffer,

I'm up for a fish in the Hawkesbury if you like.

I dont have a boat but am licensed and able bodied - happy to help retrieve and launch.

I have Friday off this week and would love a fish. Happy to share expenses etc.

PM me if you're up for a fish this week

Cheers

Tan

Edited by tan the fisherman

Jewgaffer

I am keen as to do a few Tuesdays if it works for you. Best we use your boat as mine is not that well set up but working on it

I have a 2007 Navara turbo diesel dual cab 4x4 so can tow your boat no worries and i am keen to learn a listen.

I am only in Holsworthy so you are only 20 mins away from me

hope to talk soon

Hoges

Edited by hoges1974

Jewgaffer,

I have been fishing in Hawkesbury and Broken Bay and out wide for 18 years mainly in my boat. Since I sold my boat due to engine troubles I didn't have much chance to fish. I am a part timer and semi retired living in Hombush area. I would like to share my experience and learn more from someone who know fishing.

Cheers

Lagos

Jewgaffer,

I have been fishing in Hawkesbury and Broken Bay and out wide for 18 years mainly in my boat. Since I sold my boat due to engine troubles I didn't have much chance to fish. I am a part timer and semi retired living in Hombush area. I would like to share my experience and learn more from someone who know fishing.

Cheers

Lagos

Hi Sammyk Welcome to the best fishing site :1welcomeani: I see you've only joined us about half an hour or so ago. :thumbup:

I have had many repetetive trips with other members who I met on Fishraider and I really appreciate their friendship and help with the boating part of my jewfishing.

Although I am healthy in general, I am not as self sufficient as I'd like to be at the moment due to a heavy fall, fractures and a major back operation after which I decided to keep fishing to try and improve the situation by getting out and about more often and I have been travelling away to Qld and the far north coast and fishing with my northern friends and relatives when ever I am able to do it.

It's good to know you are an experienced fisherman and familiar with the Hawkesbury.

I'll be compiling a list to give me as much constant fishing as possible and rest assured I will get back to you and everyone else who replies to my topic whether they be old friends who I have fished with before, people I know from posts or new members like yourself.

It's only a matter of making contact and setting dates to suit everyone.

The more replies I get from fellow members will have me going along just nicely a few times a week for quite a while.

Thanks Lagos, talk to you soon. Importantly, you can rest assured that you will be in good company with myself and any others who it suits to come along in my boat on the same day.

Cheers

Good day Byron,

Good to hear from you and see that you are still making time to enjoy the waterways.

Fishing for just about everyone has been quite of late , however im sure it will turn for the better with some great reports to be told just around the corner.

Mate im sure that we can organise a fish where ever and when ever under terms that suit us both.

Hope all is well and keep in touch.

Twin 1 and Lumpookey.

Marcel and Ray

pick me pick me

Thanks Caine :thumbup: You are picked, don't worry about that. First run on one of my Tiger rods, you play the fish!! - Better make that first hook up!! - I'm a control freak with everything jewfish old mate :1yikes:

It would be a lot easier to have someone to start off with me from Campbelltown, and we can meet up with you at Brooklyn on a pre-arranged day to suit.

The others that I have gotten to know who have replied or sent pm's so far have indicated that they will be available on days to suit and it's great to hear from some of my old friends as well.

To get it all together so that I can fish for jewfish regularly, I need ongoing numbers in order to sort out sessions in accordance with where we can meet up and where we are going to fish.

However my mind keeps sending me back to the Hawkesbury but the Georges and the Hacking would give me an opportunity to pick up my jewfish mate Julius from Penshurst. Julius is not much good with the trailer and I would need to have someone else with me, and starting off from the Campbelltown area would be a good way to go. I owe my friend Chris (Waterrat) a few Hacking sessions so I also welcome another member to help out from my end and come along and fish the Hacking with Chris and myself.

When you think about it, a session along these lines should be easy to organise once suitable days and meeting points are arranged.

My boat can fish three or four so the more replies that come in the easer it would be to organise a day to suit the individual/s, and from there on I would be able to keep on making more arrangements to fish.

As well as getting good blokes onto jewfish and myself being able to get out regularly with assistance at launch and retrieve with my boat or going out in a well set up member's boat is after all the object of my post.

By fishing the best spots regularly it's only natural that someone is going to get into the jewfish, and with a bit of luck and perseverence it might well happen that no one who comes along misses out on a decent fish.

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer

Hey Byron,

What about Middle Harbour mate.

I am available pretty much any time and day on weekdays.

My problem is driving out to C'Town and then back is too much.

I can certainly help launch and retrieve at Roseville.

Keep me in mind if you need an extra for Syd and or Mid Harbour.

My tinnie might be a bit uncomfortable for you. It does have seats etc and flat floor but is only 3.75m.

Mate would love to put you onto my spots and see how you go. You would probably pull up the fish that keeps getting the better of me.

Also i smoke ciggies mate so its all good.

Cheers.

Hey Byron,

What about Middle Harbour mate.

I am available pretty much any time and day on weekdays.

I can certainly help launch and retrieve at Roseville.

Keep me in mind if you need an extra for Syd and or Mid Harbour.

Cheers.

Hi Zenman

Now the jewfish have something to worry about. Mike having that jew session with you is already in my note book. I'll have to see what eventuates as to going to Middle Harbour.

I owe Humesy a few sessions so having you both out with me should take care of some of the sessions. Maybe you and Andrew could drive up to Brooklyn in the one car, and I would more than likely have someone coming with me from my end at Campbelltown.

Cheers

Hey Jewgaffer, although it doesnt seem like you are short on offers (you have built yourself quite a reputation!!) I would also like to put my name down for any waterway, especially middle harbour, but the location does not bother me, i am willing to travel! Sundays and Mondays and the odd thursday suits me best.

Thanks for the offer!

Andrew

Hey Jewgaffer, although it doesnt seem like you are short on offers ....i am willing to travel! Sundays and Mondays and the odd thursday suits me best.

.......Thanks for the offer!

Andrew

Hi Dicko I need to fish with at least three at a time and take a list of as many starters as I can. It will be a lot easier for me to organise my sessions when I have alternative people to consider on a given day.

When I get it all together at the Campbelltown end, I'll make sure there is a day for you to come along and take charge of a couple of jew rods.

It's not only the help with the trailer and the boat, I'm pretty keen to get other members onto a few jewfish.

Cheers

G'day Byron,

Might be looking at coming down in the next couple of months - just need to find someone to sit in my chair while I'm gone.

Very keen to wet a line anywhere!

I Will be visiting mum at Avoca Palms, Sister at Umina, Brother at Newcastle and some family in the St George area, so I will be doing a bit of running around, but nothing in particular really.

Cheers

Carl

Edited by Mariner 31

Tan the fisherman That will be fine Tan. I'm tied up this Friday, what other days do you usually have available, ...............................................................................

Tony Soprano, Tony I'm looking forward to having you and Roosterman on board again.

..................................................................................

Musty Good on you Musty. The upper Georges could be just the shot . Two hours of sp/s and out goes the anchor and on go the hats.

....................................................................................................

Brickman Gary Are you going to join in somewhere along the line?

............................................................................................

jewieslayer A Port Hacking helper would be handy to have

.....................................................................................................

Hoges 1974 Good on you Hoges, Holdsworthy and a Tuesday sounds really good to me

Sammyk Lagos I'm sure we will be able include you in one of the Georges or Hawkesbury sessions

..................................................................................................................

Roffo It would be great if you were to come along.

......................................................................................

Var911 Saturdays will be fine Vince.

CaineS You're added in old mate

........................................................................................................

Twin1 Marcel and Ray we'll get the show on the road up there in a few weeks I'd say............................................................................................

Zenman Mike I'll ring Andrew and see what we can arrange

..........................................................................................

Dicko That'll be good Dicko, fishing on Sundays or Mondays will sure keep me busy

..........................................................................................................................

Mariner31 You are most welcome to get some jewfishing in when you come over Carl. You won't be all at sea in my company and there will be plenty of good gear for you to use.

................................................................................................................................

There's a couple of things I have to do first which includes getting an extra live bait tank and having the usual services.

Any others interested in jewfish sessions and in particular those in the South West and the Campbelltown area, are welcome to reply

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi Jewgaffer

If you ever get to Forster I have the 435 Coastrunner to fish from and if we can pry Roberta out of the yak we might find some jewies aroud the bridge and don't worry us gals will be the deck hands and you can be the captain :1prop:

Catching a jewies has always been a dream for me,never had anyone to show me how :1fishing1:

Thanks again for the great hat,love it.I sent you a P M , HOPE YOU RECEIVED IT

CHEERS

WENDY

hey jewgaffer if your still looking for some one(highly dout it after seeing all these posts) im always up for a fish and am still waiting on a decent jewie as my biggest to date is only around 60cm!

flatty hunter626, Don't doubt anything, I tell you what with the number of days in a month for example there can never be too many replies or people to work out ongoing sessions such as the jew sessions I'm planning to have before the hand and back surgeons decide to operate. So I look at it as the more fishing the better. I notice you are only 16 and I'll have other helpers to do the work. I've got a close friend Grant (Arked) at Brisbane Waters and you're also up that way I believe. So I am sure we will be able to arrange something if I bring my boat up other wise I would have to get the o.k. from Grant.

I think it is more important that you get yourself a jewfish or two out of a session, rather than be expected to do too much in the way of boat and trailer work.

..................................................................................................................

Brickman thanks for your offer Gary, it's really appreciated and we'll see if we can get onto some of these missing jewfish.

I'll send you my phone number later Gary.

To others who may reply I'll need to decide where some sessions will be done and work out who else there will be room for according to where they are located so that up to four but preferably three of us can fish together.

Cheers

hey jewgaffer

i live in the campbelltown area

me and my dad would appreciate some help with catching jew fish (any fish actualy :tease: )

i would mainly fish port hacking and botany bay/georges river area but we will fish anywhere

im available on weekends due to school and my dad works weekdays so we are ony availabe on weekends

my dad owns a 17ft southwind sr17 half-cab but it would be easer on your boat as there is more room to fish from as ours can only comfortably fish two

we are willing to half the fuel and bait costs and im willing to help clean the boat

cheers fisherboy :1fishing1:

and on the behalf of my dad david(akafisherdad)