Wanted: Jewfish Enthusiasts For Company & Help With My Boat

jewgaffer

Jewgaffer im sure we will catch up soon .

I have just been to busy fishing for tuna and kingfish for the last two months just put a new floor in my boat too . only fished for jews once just after i spoke to you and managed 2 one around 5kg and a smaller one so yes it pays to be patient, fish the right times with fresh bait. . Im avalible Monday if that suits you.. If not we can organise a jewfish social always room on my boat..

Cheeras Dogtooth :1fishing1: John.. :beersmile:

hey jewgaffer

.....i live in the campbelltown area

me and my dad would appreciate some help with catching jew fish (any fish actualy :tease: )

.....we are ony availabe on weekends

cheers fisherboy :1fishing1:

and on the behalf of my dad david(akafisherdad)

Hi Fisherboy Good to have someone else from Campbelltown to help out with my boat, much appreciated :thumbup: We will be able to do Saturday sessions with your dad and yourself and LittleJG if he's not tied up with sport. I would prefer day sessions on the Hawkesbury if that suits you as the other two rivers are both late nighters and I've had good results in the Hawkesbury during the day.

Get your Dad to send me a contact number and we'll have a chat and go from there.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Jewgaffer im sure we will catch up soon .

I have just been to busy fishing for tuna and kingfish for the last two months just put a new floor in my boat too . only fished for jews once just after i spoke to you and managed 2 one around 5kg and a smaller one so yes it pays to be patient, fish the right times with fresh bait. . Im avalible Monday if that suits you.. If not we can organise a jewfish social always room on my boat..

Cheeras Dogtooth :1fishing1: John.. :beersmile:

John do you mean we go in your other boat, the big long boat ? If so that would be a terrific boat to do the Bridges in. Also Hoges might be free for Monday and I know my mate Julius will be keen, he's been battling along off the CC rocks lately. Give me a call John

Cheers mate :thumbup:

John do you mean we go in your other boat, the big long boat ? If so that would be a terrific boat to do the Bridges in. Also Hoges might be free for Monday and I know my mate Julius will be keen, he's been battling along off the CC rocks lately. Give me a call John

Cheers mate :thumbup:

:thumbup:

No worries , monday is good by me . Im fishing Sunday south coast so monday will be good. Will give you a call tommorow night . We will fish just three up so you can pick the other crew member..

Cheers :1fishing1: John...

Tan the fisherman That will be fine Tan. I'm tied up this Friday, what other days do you usually have available, ...............................................................................

Tony Soprano, Tony I'm looking forward to having you and Roosterman on board again.

..................................................................................

Musty Good on you Musty. The upper Georges could be just the shot . Two hours of sp/s and out goes the anchor and on go the hats.

....................................................................................................

Brickman Gary Are you going to join in somewhere along the line?

............................................................................................

jewieslayer A Port Hacking helper would be handy to have

.....................................................................................................

Hoges 1974 Good on you Hoges, Holdsworthy and a Tuesday sounds really good to me

Sammyk Lagos I'm sure we will be able include you in one of the Georges or Hawkesbury sessions

..................................................................................................................

Roffo It would be great if you were to come along.

......................................................................................

Var911 Saturdays will be fine Vince.

CaineS You're added in old mate

........................................................................................................

Twin1 Marcel and Ray we'll get the show on the road up there in a few weeks I'd say............................................................................................

Zenman Mike I'll ring Andrew and see what we can arrange

..........................................................................................

Dicko That'll be good Dicko, fishing on Sundays or Mondays will sure keep me busy

..........................................................................................................................

Mariner31 You are most welcome to get some jewfishing in when you come over Carl. You won't be all at sea in my company and there will be plenty of good gear for you to use.

................................................................................................................................

There's a couple of things I have to do first which includes getting an extra live bait tank and having the usual services.

Any others interested in jewfish sessions and in particular those in the South West and the Campbelltown area, are welcome to reply

Cheers

wow! :1yikes: ...and i thought your suppose to slow down when you retire :074:

...definitely living the life jewgaffer :thumbup: best of luck to you!!

wow! :1yikes: ...and i thought your suppose to slow down when you retire :074:

...definitely living the life jewgaffer :thumbup: best of luck to you!!

Hi hooked4life I put up the post so that I can slow down and sit back and just monitor the bait situation on the rods :thumbup:

Do we put your name in the draw for a jewfish or not!

Cheers

jewgaffer

Edited by jewgaffer

Well lets do it mate! The Georges is one of the most least understood and under rated systems ...... we shall fish it hard and fast.

....No trawlers, MORE fish, its that simple.

Musty.

Musty Now you've got me in attack mode. That's what I like to hear, confidence and enthusiasm. :thumbup: I certainly hope it won't be the high before the big low and the long faces on the water, so we'll have to pick a day where there will be plenty of highs, smiles from ear to ear and no long faces. :D

Esky told me yesterday about the chats you've had over the phone and that's all the more reason why we have should get together and have a good go at the Georges jew and the bi catch.

Musty Pm me your phone number and we'll see what can be arranged to have an upriver session.

To the others who have replied - so that we can organise sutable days , please send me your contact number if I don't have it already.

I also need other keen jewfishermen as there are a lot of days in a month and I want to sort out starters to be able to have fairly regular sessions and have enough reserves in the note book as well.

What I can offer is easy going company, fishing in good jewfish locations, and using good bait and set ups and success should come along accordingly.

Apart from needing help with my boat and good company, I would like nothing better than to see a member get into the jewfish.

Members who live in the south West or the Campbelltown area and want to get out and fish more often in your boat or mine please feel free to reply.

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi hooked4life I put up the post so that I can slow down and sit back and just monitor the bait situation on the rods :thumbup:

Do we put your name in the draw for a jewfish or not!

Cheers

jewgaffer

i'll have to take a raincheck on that offer thanks mate.

perhaps in a few months when i'll have the time to put in the hours that this type of fishing [usually] requires. should have my boat back on the water by then as well. old girls in "drydock" at the moment getting some modifications and paint.wouldn't mind seeing your boat though...i'd imagine it'll be well set up for jew. :biggrin2:

I reckon you should hold a "Jewfish" auction Jewgaffer. Either that or put everyone's name in a hat. Probably a better chance of winning lotto with all those interested replies.

Nath.

P.s. if you ever want to sail your boat over to England, we could go for a carp sesh. hehehhe!

Hi Nats i need more numbers so that I can make a note of names, locations and contact numbers.

I have to consider cancellations and the fact that people may not be available on the particular day which I consider to be worthwhile going out.

Although I like being out of the house and on the water, some of the days may not be worthwhile going out till the following day/s etc.

That is the reason I find it necessary to have more numbers of keen jew fishermen in reserve.

I would appreciate if those who have replied would pm their location and a contact number so I can have a chat and start off on a good day to suit.

Cheers

Hi Everybody,

Thanks to the members who have shown that they are keen to have a go at the jewfish . :thumbup:

There is no immediate rush to go out and fish, what I want to achieve is to be able to arrange for help with my boat or come along in a suitable member's boat, and have a good range of days when there could be a chance of getting onto a few jewfish. By fishing in another member's boat, members have the benefit of sharing expenses which makes the cost of fishing a lot cheaper.

I also have members and other friends available who I fish with and I'm sure there will be times when another member can come along to help man the jew rods etc.

I need more replies so that I can a list potential starters and reserves in order that other suitable days that come up can be covered.

It would be good to hear from others who live near Campbelltown and perhaps Wollongong which is handy for a Campbelltown start.

To those who have replied so far, just let me know the area where you live and pm a contact number if I don't already have it.

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

Thanks to the members who have shown that they are keen to have a go at the jewfish . :thumbup:

There is no immediate rush to go out and fish, what I want to achieve is to be able to arrange for help with my boat or come along in a suitable member's boat, and have a good range of days when there could be a chance of getting onto a few jewfish. By fishing in another member's boat, members have the benefit of sharing expenses which makes the cost of fishing a lot cheaper.

I also have members and other friends available who I fish with and I'm sure there will be times when another member can come along to help man the jew rods etc.

I need more replies so that I can a list potential starters and reserves in order that other suitable days that come up can be covered.

It would be good to hear from others who live near Campbelltown and perhaps Wollongong which is handy for a Campbelltown start.

To those who have replied so far, just let me know the area where you live and pm a contact number if I don't already have it.

Cheers

hi jewgaffer

just read your post, hope i'm not too late with a reply. i would be more than happy to help you out in any way i can.the fact that i work shift work gives me a bit of time off weekdays.living in the hurstville area is not to bad to get to campbelltown & help out with the boat & share any costs involved. fish the georges & hacking myself with a hit & miss outcome, more the miss.

anyway let me know how you go.

cheers

alabama2207

hi jewgaffer

..... hope i'm not too late with a reply. i would be more than happy to help you out in any way i can.the fact that i work shift work gives me a bit of time off weekdays.living in the hurstville area is not to bad to get to campbelltown & help out with the boat & share any costs involved. .....anyway let me know how you go.

...cheers

alabama2207

Hi Alabama 2007 Thanks very much for your offer :thumbup: Your reply is very welcome and replies will never be too late for what I wish to achieve. I need to sort out the certain starters for week days or weekend days when shorter notice may be necessary.

As a result of my post, I've had replies from members who I've fished with before and have also had replies from members that I've gotten to know on the site and new people that I haven't met.

Several members have replied who live close by in the Campbelltown area. However I need as many standbys that I can get. I need people like yourself who know in advance what weekdays they can set aside for fishing. This all helps setting up a list of their days available and more numbers would provide for standbys to have on call for the must go days when the chances look better.

in the Georges and the Hacking the jewfish chances are best during the night time and the hours before sunrise. In the Hawkesbury I find it better to start around sunrise.

For the Georges and Hacking sessions I'll be generally taking along a close friend of mine who is a well known landbased jewfisherman who lives at Penshurst. Despite his merits he is not much good with a boat or a trailer.

I look at this way the more on board the more bait caught and the more rods spread by capable hands, the better the results.

Edit: PM me your contact number thanks.

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi Alabama 2007 Thanks very much for your offer :thumbup: Your reply is very welcome and replies will never be too late to sort out the certain starters for week days or weekend days when shorter notice may be necessary.

As a result of my post, I've had replies from members who I've fished with before and have also had replies from members that I've gotten to know on the site and new people that I haven't met.

Several members have replied who live close by in the Campbelltown area. However I need as many standbys that I can get. I need people like yourself who know in advance what weekdays they can set aside for fishing. This all helps setting up a list of their days available and more numbers would provide for standbys to have on call on the must go days when chances look better.

in the Georges and the Hacking the jewfish chances are best during the night time and the hours before sunrise. In the Hawkesbury I find it better to start around sunrise.

For the Georges and Hacking sessions I'll be generally taking along a close friend of mine who is a well known landbased jewfisherman who lives at Penshurst. Despite his merits he is not much good with a boat or a trailer.

I look at this way the more on board the more bait caught and the more rods spread by capable hands, the better the results.

Edit: PM me your contact numbert thanks.

Cheers

thanks for the reply jewgaffer.

as mentioned before due to my shifts weekdays are pretty good for me as are the nights, again this all depends on my shifts, and i know these well in advance, with regards to boat & trailer handling that isn't a problem either, as i have normally fished the two systems by boat. if you would like to get in contact with me feel free to call me on my mobile on 0418468705.

cheers

alabama2207