Middle Harbour Kings

netic

Hey guys,

Well after not fishing for a very long time me and a couple of mates decided to hit the harbour today as all the wives were at a kitchen tea...

We met up at Tunks ramp at 10.00am with the plan to catch some squid and then see if any kings were around.

Squid was not too hard and we had 9 within 45 minutes so we then decided to head to some of the Middle harbour wrecks...

Got to the first 2 locations and nothin was showing on the sounder but the Sailors bay wreck was showing heaps of life.

We threw down some squid and within seconds it was taken bu a 70cm king, then another and another.

We finished all our squid within 5 minutes and could still see heaps of kings on the sounder so decided to try 80 to 120 gram jigs and the kings went crazy for them..

We boated another 10 or so in 20 minutes and then they went jig shy.....

The biggest king went over 80cm but as normal they were winter kings in cold water so there did not fight to summer standards.....

All in all a good day though and it was good to be on the water again.

post-1441-1217743560_thumb.jpg

post-1441-1217743569_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done mate, they look like some nice fat fish there.

Did you get a look at what the water temp was?

We fished there a few weeks ago and didn't have a hint of activity.

Cheers

Josh

Well done mate, they look like some nice fat fish there.

Did you get a look at what the water temp was?

We fished there a few weeks ago and didn't have a hint of activity.

Cheers

Josh

Mate the temp was ranging between 14.5 to 15.2, It was 14.7 where we caught them

Oz, Looks like the resident king guru has returned!

great day to be out there and again well done on the kings guys!

some great results there.

Should have ditched the boat show and putted around for a crack as well :05: but i had some other out of season stuff to deal with...... :1prop::1prop::1prop:

The biggest king went over 80cm but as normal they were winter kings in cold water so there did not fight to summer standards.....

Nice work. They might not have fought to summer standards but the results look like summer standards to me! Who said the kings aren't around in winter. Very impressive... and a 1000am start! Good to see such great results fishing "gentleman's hours"!

That is pretty promising ey!

I got a few some weeks back in 15.5 degrees and thought I was doing well. I've since spotted a few lurking though and didn't pickem up.

Soo excited about spring/summer. Still, I don't really care if it's so cold I can't feel my fingers, just so long as the wind is good to me.

Nice one Netic.

Dave