Middle Harbour Kings

netic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate Midday sunday was quite nice and warm, otherwise i too would be freezing....

In regards to spot X, Mate there is no such thing, species like kings move around heaps and where you get em this week wont be where you get them next week.

When i post reports i always like to refer to the locations where i caught the fish rather being all secretive and using Spot X, Y or Z....

The wreck can be found by using your sounder and putting in a little hard work, I wont devulge its exact location but the bay aint that big, im sure you will find it.....

If you look at my videos and pics the backgrounds will indicate where the fish where caught, i never go out of my way to hide locations.....Also look at some diving sites, they have some wreck co-ordinates

Mate Midday sunday was quite nice and warm, otherwise i too would be freezing....

In regards to spot X, Mate there is no such thing, species like kings move around heaps and where you get em this week wont be where you get them next week.

When i post reports i always like to refer to the locations where i caught the fish rather being all secretive and using Spot X, Y or Z....

The wreck can be found by using your sounder and putting in a little hard work, I wont devulge its exact location but the bay aint that big, im sure you will find it.....

If you look at my videos and pics the backgrounds will indicate where the fish where caught, i never go out of my way to hide locations.....Also look at some diving sites, they have some wreck co-ordinates

But you are being secretive when you don't say where the exact spot is, in fact you are teasing.

My fishing skills ain't that grate and I am no where near the fishing champ you are.

I cant find any coordinates for a wreck in Sailors Bay, and the chances of finding it by myself are as good as Sonny Bill Williams coming back to play for the Bulldogs.

Help me out champ.

But you are being secretive when you don't say where the exact spot is, in fact you are teasing.

He gave everyone the area of the catch, Sailors Bay.

Help me out champ.

Just go to google maps, search for Sailors Bay NSW and you will get the location.

All that's left is for you to get out there and look around because as netic said the bay isn't that big.

the chances of finding it by myself are as good as Sonny Bill Williams coming back to play for the Bulldogs.

I'm far from a fishing expert but I managed to find the wreck after being told about it a long time ago, it's seriously not that hard to find.

Edited by reLapse

here we go , the ole spot x debate again :wacko:

U need to put in a little effort to find your fish/bait,come on!!

Feels better in the long run doesnt it .Especially when you

discover a new spot, that produces ,all by yourself.

Getting given the name Sailors Bay Wreck is a BIG hint

as to where the spot is.Sailors Bay aint that big.

Alot of people wont even do that for you.

Cheers Buddy

Edited by Hook'm

My fishing skills ain't that grate and I am no where near the fishing champ you are.

I cant find any coordinates for a wreck in Sailors Bay, and the chances of finding it by myself are as good as Sonny Bill Williams coming back to play for the Bulldogs.

Help me out champ.

Mate in all honesty as said before you have been given a area of where the fish are,

Im definately not teasing, Teasing would be me showing the fish and saying I caught in in the harbour somewhere...I gave u a location, What else do you want.....You only are a new member and have only posted twice, Contribute a little more and im sure you will get exact co-ordinates

You probably only joined in the hope of getting co-ordinates, doesnt work that way buddy,

Edited by netic

Mate in all honesty as said before you have been given a area of where the fish are,

Im definately not teasing, Teasing would be me showing the fish and saying I caught in in the harbour somewhere...I gave u a location, What else do you want.....You only are a new member and have only posted twice, Contribute a little more and im sure you will get exact co-ordinates

You probably only joined in the hope of getting co-ordinates, doesnt work that way buddy,

Hey Bud,

is there any good landbased spots for those who don't own a boat?

Well said Oz... I know of more than a few wrecks in MH but this one is news to me.

I will suss that one out next time in MH :)... as you say, its not that big.

Taking the time sounding out the areas you fish pays off time and again. I try and make a habit of going back over areas of interest time and again often each time I am on the water and passing by... helps you get a mental pic of what is down there and how it looks with nothing around/heaps of bait/kings or whatever.

I will not forget the first time I came up to a spot Xand called a hit....oh heaps of bait.... shit they have gotta be kings .....ping zzzzzzzzz and bingo :)

It is all about knowing the area and taking the time to take it all in.

In all truth I was more interested in where you got squid... been a bit thin for me of late.

alex

Help me out champ.

LMAO!!!!!!

im a older member Oz.... i was in middle harbour today.....could not find the wreck, but also the water temp was 16.4 a rather big difference from your reading. so where would i find this wreck, seems every1 knows but me

Well done as always Oz!

personally i prefer to use my own skills as a fisherman to hunt out some fish... getting co-ordinates and going straight there is really cheating yourself... I have caught HEAPS of fish just by scouting out some fishy looking areas, interesting things on the sounder and structure that you would expect to hold fish... It will only make you a better fisherman.

Also, newbies to the sport of fishing, the most important thing by far is to work out how to gather live bait... you may well find the kings at your chosen location, but unless you have the correct offering of bait you are not going ot get very far.

Firstly, Congrats Oz on a great haul of fish. As many folks have alluded to already, that's a great effort particularly for this time of year. Well done mate :thumbup:

Secondly ... the whole 'tell us where your spot X is' issue has been done to death people! The author has provided you with an entertaining read and enough advice to set you on your way. Please refrain from any further such requests.

Hodgey

yeah Hodgey,

We've all felt the frustration of not getting into the fish and to read about someone else's success can be a tease, but I've learned one thing since being a member of this site, make friends first, give a little and have fun. You will improve by your own sweat, a little help from your friends and you'll be all the better and more proud for it. Guys who catch lots of good fish, rarely do it by accident. It's all about the journey.

Dave

Geez some of yous needs to take a chill pill

I'm a novice fisherman that can't catch a cold and asking the champion Raider Kingfisherman Netic for directions cuz I know that he likes sharing with everyone.

Looks like I am on my own so maybe I try to find the wreck on the weekend

Maybe it wont be as hard as I think cause half of sydney will be there on the weekend trying to find the wreck too

Thanks for everyones kind comments

Geez some of yous needs to take a chill pill

I'm a novice fisherman that can't catch a cold and asking the champion Raider Kingfisherman Netic for directions cuz I know that he likes sharing with everyone.

Looks like I am on my own so maybe I try to find the wreck on the weekend

Maybe it wont be as hard as I think cause half of sydney will be there on the weekend trying to find the wreck too

Thanks for everyones kind comments

Comments like go take a chill pill will get you nowhere on this Site my good man and you best do your homework and seek what you are looking for.

Oz has been more than generous in his post and everyone should be grateful for any info that helps you get a fish or 2.

Regards Swordfisherman

Netic,

Great haul of kingy's mate, always a great read after you've posted. And as usual i was skimming through the post just to get to the ending to see your fish,before going back and examining the post.With the amount of boats in middle harbour this weekend i might head offshore at Terrigal for a spot of jigging,and try for a kingy,they wont stand a chance in the harbour.Once again good to see you posting again :thumbup::thumbup:

Netic,

Great haul of kingy's mate, always a great read after you've posted. And as usual i was skimming through the post just to get to the ending to see your fish,before going back and examining the post.With the amount of boats in middle harbour this weekend i might head offshore at Terrigal for a spot of jigging,and try for a kingy,they wont stand a chance in the harbour.Once again good to see you posting again :thumbup::thumbup:

Let's all go to middle harbour!

it would be good to meet all the raiders!!

Guys,

I am not to the blogging. I have been enjoying all your posts. Very informative I must say.

I am however not new to fishing.

Just wondering if I was fishing in a productive Ozzie Salmon patch that also produced a few kingies, how could I bait or rig up so that I would be more inclined to hook up Kingies as opposed to Salmon.

Interested in your thoughs.

regards.

:wacko:

Guys,

I am not to the blogging. I have been enjoying all your posts. Very informative I must say.

Just wondering if I was fishing in a productive Ozzie Salmon patch that also produced a few kingies, how could I bait or rig up so that I would be more inclined to hook up Kingies as opposed to Salmon.

regards.

Hi Matem

there is not really a way to rig baits to avoid salmon and target kingies, the humble aussie salmon is par for the course in the cold waters at this time of year, generally once you find the kings, they are there in quantity... if you are afraid of loosing baits to salmon, try sending your fresh squid out in strips or as a head to give you more shots at bagging a king.

Cheers

Sam

Guys,

regards.

Hey Bud!

someone told me you can rig up a live salmon if you are catching too many.

Other salmons wont eat it! only biiigggg guns kingfish!!

thats a very nice haul, especially for winter!!

in regards to salmon bycatch, try to spin up some small salmon and put them out live, australian salmon or kahwai or whatever the kiwis call it are the gun bait for nz kingfush. they're great for lbg too because they swim straight out!