How To Catch Kingfish/squid In Sydney Harbour

Hi Admin/Mods,

Given how much focus is given to these 2 topics and how many questions are asked by members about them, I've got a site suggestion... could we maybe get members who are both good writes and good at catching squid and/or kings in Sydney Harbour to write 'how tos' for our Articles section.

There are some good articles already there on Pittwater area although the Kingfish article focuses on lure and fly fishing (when bait fishing forms an equally, if not bigger part of the Raider kingy effort). It would make it much easier for beginners to be able to get going with all the basic info in one source.

Cheers, Slinky

We have put out MANY requests for people to send us written material to be added to our Articles section.

Any member can send us material to add - I am sure Roberta would be worthy as would several other members on this site.

As long as it is well written and informative we will add it.

mrsswordfisherman

email to fishraider@iinet.net.au

• 1 month later...

Excellent article Slinky, carefully and meticulously written!

This article covers the squid subject extremely well and sets a good standard as a reliable reference base. The main elements are loud and clear and nothing needs to be corrected. If anything needs to be expanded upon it would have to come as a result of the individual's actual experiences.

I like the idea of separate sessions for bait gathering. Maybe slip one rod way out the back as you coast into a bait spot and leave it there. When actively feeding and not scattering or balling up at the time, bait are reasonably safe in estuaries from predators except the camoflagued, tentacled variety and of course good bait fishermen like yourself. :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: