Collapsible Motor Flushing Buckets.

Guest GoFish Pete

Guest GoFish Pete

Hi all

I am thinking about getting these as a stock line and was just after some feedback.

post-4524-1218601498_thumb.jpg

post-4524-1218601810_thumb.jpg

The small one is 112 litres for about $29.95

The big one is 353 litres for about $54.95

They are designed for use as an outboard flushing bag but I could see that the small one could also be used as a temporary livie tank on a boat or the big one as a livie tank for rock fishos.

Let me know what you think.

cheers

GoFish Pete

G'day Pete,

I recently purchased something very similar, but could'nt fit my 75 Merc into it. Could be a problem for any motor with wide trim/fins on it. I ended up getting a very large/wide plastic bin.

A great idea for a portable live bait tank.

Regards,

Barry.

Hi Pete, we also have been approached by a few companies offering these. Yes in principle they would work fine, but in practice I personally think they would be a pain to position in/under the outboard to allow you to flush it. Also the amount of water needed to fill up to the level to allow the water pump to pump water would be more than the amount of water used to flush the outboard for a couple of minutes-which is really all that needs to be done.

We decided not to stock if that help,

Cheers,

Huey.

Hey Pete,

I use to use the same concept but a whole lot smaller(20-25L) as a portable live bait bucket on the rocks.

What I found use to happen is that even if placed on a flat surface sometimes after a while the bag would just collapse on the edges and you'd have like half a bag of water left. The one's you have look a lot better constructed but it was the same concept.

So maybe try it out first for practicality before you actually purchase too many of them.

Cheers,

Edited by finaddict

I used a small one for years on the old 9.9hp. Worked a treat untill it sprung a leak (about 5yrs later) and was replaced by an old esky. As Huey said though to wait around filling one up for bigger motors would be a pain.

Dave

I have one of the big ones.

Fits over the permatrim - just

I usually flush the motor on my front lawn and before I had the bucket there would be a lot of wet muddy area.

I still use muffs to flush so you don't have to fill it right up.

I now use a smaller bucket and pour the used water on the bushes and flowers. Also use this water to was down the trailer and boat. And in winter its nice warm water!!!

Works for me

cheers

inhlanzi

I bought one as I got tired of busting large $10 plastic tubs from Bunnings. I find that it takes quite a while to fill up however, while it is, I wash the rest of the boat. I had to do some handy work on it though (and I'm no handyman) as it collapses as it fills up - particularly on sloping ground. By adding a strap that joins the two handles and placing that strap over the motor, it held the bucket up when filling. :thumbup: The strap had to be strong to hold all that water - I used a seat belt (my :wife: still hasn't noticed it missing from her car :1prop:)

Another unfortunate problem was that the end of the metal coil around the bottom rim decided to pop out - I had to find something in the shed to cap it. :angry:

It has been very useful in keeping water off the cover of my boat, by placing it upside down inside the boat proping up the cover. I have also used it at parties to fill it up with ice and drinks - it can hold a lot of cans!

Another positive is (or so I've been told) that if the pressure of water emitted is strong than the motors pump is performing well.

If I could use ear muffs I wouldn't have bothered purchasing it - but that's another story.

Cheers,

Cam

Hey Pete,

I buy lots of me gear in your shop and am a member as well, Im the guy the came in with about 10 Vouchers that added up to $350 for Christmas last year :1prop:

remember me? LOL

Anyway, how can I find out about your next seminar you guys hold? Do you post it on raidar or on your website?

Cheers

Ores

• 8 years later...