Mrocp 2008

Another successful MROCP course was held for fishraiders.

There were 20 of us that attended Day One and 20 of us sat today for the exam. All raiders turned up early and ready to get into it. The post exam chat indicated that we were all well prepared by our Invigilators Bob Foster and Harry Parsons.

A big thanks to Bob and Harry for presenting this course. We made a donation of $500 to the Kayakking for Kemo Kids foundation - for cancer research in children with Leukaemia. This was at the request of Bob and Harry who have worked and donated some $32,000 so far. Fishraider admin and members were happy to contribute.

Our results will be available in a few weeks time and I am sure we will have a 100% pass rate.

Here are some shots of the class prior to the exam - note the anxious looks on the raiders' faces :)

post-869-1219464681_thumb.jpg

post-869-1219464740_thumb.jpg

post-869-1219464783_thumb.jpg

post-869-1219464795_thumb.jpg

post-869-1219464806_thumb.jpg

post-869-1219464695_thumb.jpg

post-869-1219464819_thumb.jpg

Thank you Mrs Swordfisherman for arranging the course - it always takes a lot of time to put something like that together.

Bob and Harry are great blokes full of lots of info. They gave up these last 2 saturdays to help us out plus the extra time sorting out the papers etc. I think it is brilliant that they can put themselves out year after year - good on them!!!

It was good getting to meet some fellow raiders over the past 2 saturdays.

enjoy the rest of the weekend

Likewise .. Big thanks to Bob n Harry .. get to hear about some of the work they've done and you'll have no doubt like me that they are bloody legends ... if only the world was full of blokes like these two ;)

And thanks to Donna and Stewy (aka fishraider) for organising it all for us

• 2 weeks later...

i have i funny feeling i crapped out on the test

not making exuses i only read the book 4 times and skipped the eperb section as i assumed i new it all

we all know what happens when we assume you take off the umed and your left with an ass :biggrin2:

anyway my mate neil studdyed big time so at least we will be leagal when we log in to go out side

i could say i was busy at work and had no time but as said above i assumed so if i fail that makes me an ass

gary

i have i funny feeling i crapped out on the test

not making exuses i only read the book 4 times and skipped the eperb section as i assumed i new it all

we all know what happens when we assume you take off the umed and your left with an ass :biggrin2:

anyway my mate neil studdyed big time so at least we will be leagal when we log in to go out side

i could say i was busy at work and had no time but as said above i assumed so if i fail that makes me an ass

gary

Hi Gary et al,

Don't despair everyone else is feeling the same way and the longer it goes on till we get our results the worse it gets :1yikes: . Several raiders have expressed the same concerns.

If any of us do not pass Bob is very happy to do a re-test and assist anyone who needs it. I am sure that everyone has done their best. I felt quite overwhelmed too - me and 20 men and no experiences to draw on (never touched a bloody battery ugh) but I remain hopeful :)

As soon as I get some results I will personally call everyone. No failures will be publicised here on fishraider of course. Watch the post box too.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Ive actually been passing the proverbial brick since i did the exam. When i got home i had a few beers then tried to remember some of the questions on the exam, pretty sure i remembered the lot.

But it made it worse because i couldnt remember my answers! Now with the wait i think the worst LOL.

I have the great pleasure of announcing my lovely lady mrsswordfisherman is now the proud owner of a shiny new MROCP licence :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Congratulations darling :thumbup: I am over the moon for you and now we are both certified or ready to be certified :074:

Regards Swordfisherman

Got mine in th email today as well. A pass and that is all I needed. :thumbup::yahoo:

A pass is definately all you need and now you have your licence for life :yahoo:

Well done.

And thanks for picking up Donna on the exam day,I really appreciated that :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

I have the great pleasure of announcing my lovely lady mrsswordfisherman is now the proud owner of a shiny new MROCP licence :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Congratulations darling :thumbup: I am over the moon for you and now we are both certified or ready to be certified :074:

Regards Swordfisherman

Excellent news and Congratulations to all :yahoo:

I have also recieved my MROCP in the mail today :thumbup:

The result was a bit of a suprise, I was a little concerned about what I may have got wrong and thought I had done OK

It was very OK indeed. :thumbup:

Congrats Again and thanks for Donna and Stewy organising the whole thing.

Guess what I also got in the mail ???

Yes a picture of my head on a plastic card !! Was a bit worried but passed with flying colours. Now to get my MMSI and start programming my DSC, it uses channel 70 and it sends a short burst of data :1prop:

Thanks again to Donna and Stewy for organising it.

I have the great pleasure of announcing my lovely lady mrsswordfisherman is now the proud owner of a shiny new MROCP licence :yahoo::yahoo:

Regards Swordfisherman

AWWWWWW thx swordie :wub:

I am very proud to be the first fishraider female to obtain this qualification :biggrin2::thumbup:

That is almost 50 raiders that we have organised this course for and this shows that fishraider promotes safety of life at sea as paramount.

A big congrats to us all :thumbup: OVER..............

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Anyone interested in doing this course please let me know.

well i just got the results i needed 70% to pass and scaped in with 72% :1yikes:

neil picked up 80% and after he rang me i thought i was no hope,daughter brought in the mail and hide it on top off the fringe so i thought i had no mail till 8.45 pm

anyway if i made it the rest off you guys are a shoe in forshore

one very happy little camper gary

or something along those lines ;)

Daleyboy,

Just be careful with your language in the forums , that last 10101 may be offensive to some members ! :074:

Congratulations to all members ! See? I told you so !!

Ross

Daleyboy,

Just be careful with your language in the forums , that last 10101 may be offensive to some members ! :074:

Congratulations to all members ! See? I told you so !!

Ross

Thats the international symbol for Rolf Harris "10101"

I'll let you work it out

hint - Peg the leg