Need A Deckie On Sunday

landbased

Hey all,

I just bought my first boat last week and need some one with experance to help me learn to put in etc, and then do some fishing in the hacking or b/b. the first day i get off will be this sunday (i think). pls pm if interested

Edited by landbased

Hey all,

I just bought my first boat last week and need some one with experance to help me learn to put in etc, and then do some fishing in the hacking or b/b. the first day i get off will be this sunday (i think). pls pm if interested

Hey Landbased.

Had any luck finding someone to help you out? What sort of boat and how big? I have had some time around the bay in smaller boats if that helps.

Let me know.

LureLessLeo

Hey Landbased.

Had any luck finding someone to help you out? What sort of boat and how big? I have had some time around the bay in smaller boats if that helps.

Let me know.

LureLessLeo

no luck yet :(

boat is a 3.96m runabout with 33hp, should be plenty. this will be the first run i have had in her :)

mate you must be pumped

new boat get to fish all the spots that were out off reach

a few tips

get the boat ready before you go so the only thing you have to do is launch and go fishing

get a mate to push the boat off the trailer first time

and don't try to drive the boat on the trailer all the way again get your mate to get his feet wet and guild the boat on the trailer and use the winch to do all the work

you should do a check before launch

the bung plugs check twice prime the donk

never unhook the safty line till the boat is in the drink

mate have a ball and be safe cherrs gary

Landbased.

Brickman is right. Do the time and make the effort before you leave the house. The first time I put a boat in I was so worried about impressing the missus, I forgot to screw in the bung and had to yank the boat back out and let it drain. I now have a spare bung attached to the boat and do the main bung up before I leave home.

Put the muffs on before you leave and turn it over. You dont want to be out there, flood the engine and not get the thing started. It's best to stuff up in the privacy of your own place.

The only other piece of advice is to find a good ramp, and go out the first few times in off-peak times. You don't want to hold people up. Fishos are great but impatient on the ramps. Lock the trailer to the car. You want it when you get back and go out and have fun.

:1fishing1:LureLessLeo

Thanks heaps for all the advise guys, will do all checks etc :) and try to start the boat b4 i go.

i'll write a report after the first go and tell ya all how it goes :)

p.s pumped is not the right word lol

GOOD LUCK MATE .. AND DONT GO BY YOUR SELF... HOPE YOU CATCH HEAPS

I WAS FROM EARLWOOD BEXLEY ROAD