Braid

LUKEC

wondering what people think of platil millenium braid, a guy in my local tackle shop

was trying to sell that to me today but it seemed very expensive. Is it worth the

extra dollars?

Mate i can't say on the Platil millenium but i have used regular platil braid before and found it pretty mediocre, definitely better lines out there imo and i'd say there are probably better and cheaper lines than the millenium one also.

• 11 months later...

I use a number of braids <20lb also.

My light gear I use sunline Castaway 10lb IGFA it is super fine for light plastics and smal bream/trout HB lures.

Also use tufline, powerpro and fireline have no real issue with any but the castaway is great on anything super light :thumbup:

Edited by Austwave

Hard to go past Fireline for light eggbeaters. Its strong, ties a good knot, casts well and relatively inexpensive. I really like the 4 and 6lb stuff in particular.

My experiences with ultra-light "true" braids on eggbeaters have not been pleasant to say the least. Have heard very good things about Stren Microfuse. Will give it a go this season.

Cheers

Red

For the really good feeling braid and great castability I cannot go past platypus super line and its great in the 4lb and 10lb and hardly ever knots up.

I use that exclusively for bassin and jews and it has never let me down in 5 yrs.

Cheers Stewy

For the really good feeling braid and great castability I cannot go past platypus super line and its great in the 4lb and 10lb and hardly ever knots up.

I use that exclusively for bassin and jews and it has never let me down in 5 yrs.

Cheers Stewy

I'm with you Stewy, Although I don't use really light stuff the Platypus line has been the best for me, it seems to have a more freindly feel to it & certainly doesn't cause the dramas I've had with Fins on my calcuttas. (Man I've had the worse birdsnests with that stuff right at the most inappropriate times)

......I use that exclusively for bassin and jews and it has never let me down in 5 yrs.

Cheers Stewy

Thanks Stewy, This should help me day by day for the time being, but does anyone know which braid would more reliable over a 10 year span ? :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

bout to buy a charter special or a penn 330ld overhead reel

can anyone give me the heads up on a decent braid for these?

looking at 20lb not incline to buy fireline as it seems to be designed for eggbeaters.

thanks

bout to buy a charter special or a penn 330ld overhead reel

can anyone give me the heads up on a decent braid for these?

looking at 20lb not incline to buy fireline as it seems to be designed for eggbeaters.

thanks

Fireline is perfect for what you are after and I use 30lb fireline on my ABU 7000C and can cast a mile from the beach :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy