Underfloor Esky

Bruce the Postie

Sharp eyes Mariner,

Yes, those holes are for the hinges,and i think i'll stick with the old lid until i decide how to go about the new one. Thinking of routing out what i have and filling it with the foam i have left over , glassing over it etc.

Also, this esky will be kept pristine and solely for the chilling of said refreshments. I have a perfectly good fish box to keep the dinner in.

Thanks for your comments.

Bruce.

P.S. I think i better just go and have another look at it :beersmile:

G'day all ,

Well , I put it all back together and i'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

I'm still thinking about which way to go with the new lid so i'll stick with this one untill decided.

New carpet next ? :wife: .

Anyway, this project seems to be at an end (and just in time for the warmer weather ), so i'll leave you with some final pics.

Cheers,

Bruce

post-5510-1221884860_thumb.jpg

post-5510-1221884826_thumb.jpg

post-5510-1221884886_thumb.jpg

post-5510-1221884910_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bananaphobic

Just went out to check how well this this thing works.

Sadly, all the beers are gone. But i estimate that about half of the ice is still there after 1 1/2 days.

GOTTA BE HAPPY WITH THAT !

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

It would be a shame to see the ice go to waste, better stock up on a few more beers.

Just tell the :wife: that it's still in the developmental stages and requires a few more tests. :tease:

That should work :wacko:

It would be a shame to see the ice go to waste, better stock up on a few more beers.

Just tell the :wife: that it's still in the developmental stages and requires a few more tests. :tease:

That should work :wacko:

G'day Mariner,

I like the way you think , but my :wife: would pick that as a piece of stand up philosophy right from the start.

But, This afternoon , i did make sure that the Bourbon bottle would fit properly, and that it was able to be accessed from all seating positions. :thumbup:

Cheers ,

Bruce.

G'day again,

Well i have decided which way to go with the lid(maybe). The plan is to rout out a section of the 18mm ply lid to a depth of 8mm or so , and then fill this space with the left over poly foam, round off the edges and add 2 layers of glass.

Do any of you guys see any shortcomings with this plan?

Any other ideas?.

Look forward to any input.

Cheers,

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag this old topic up again,but i have finally gotten around to deciding what to do with the lid for my esky.

After toying around with all sorts of ideas,most of which involved a lot of cash and mucking around,i thought bugger it, i'll just buy a ready made one.So i did,and i'm glad,it looks neat,and works like a pisser.

What do you reckon?

post-5510-013471100 1290826095_thumb.jpg

post-5510-086108400 1290826128_thumb.jpg

post-5510-055248700 1290826177_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Now THAT is a respectably finished project.

Looks great.

Tuffy

Well it looks like the esky was built when the boat was originaly first made ,, definately got my stamp of approval job well done :beersmile: :beersmile: :beersmile: look good in there aswell

cheers john

Thanks for your comments guys,i'm over the moon with the way it turned out.And i'm pretty sure it makes the liquid refreshments taste even better!. :thumbup:

Cheers,