Gerroa Crooked River

kb2007

i am travelling down to gerroa in a few weeks . I will be staying at gerroa shores and was wondering if the crooked river is any good for a fish with soft plastics or bait any help would be greatly appreciated. also is it open on to seven mile beach all year round?

cheers karl

i am travelling down to gerroa in a few weeks . I will be staying at gerroa shores and was wondering if the crooked river is any good for a fish with soft plastics or bait any help would be greatly appreciated. also is it open on to seven mile beach all year round?

cheers karl

hi karl

i windsurf at gerroa and haved fished the river and the beach

the river has flathead and good whiting pump nippers on the flats at low tide west of the bridge

blackhead has good salmon

7mile beach has good bream and whiting in the gutters heaps of pipies and beach worms especially at berry beach

if you want drummer or groper or blackies go left of blackhead about 1km to the blue hole using bread or red crabs where there are plenty

good luck

peter :1fishing1:

mainly fished there in nov onwards

Edited by luderick59

hi karl

i windsurf at gerroa and haved fished the river and the beach

the river has flathead and good whiting pump nippers on the flats at low tide west of the bridge

blackhead has good salmon

7mile beach has good bream and whiting in the gutters heaps of pipies and beach worms especially at berry beach

if you want drummer or groper or blackies go left of blackhead about 1km to the blue hole using bread or red crabs where there are plenty

good luck

peter :1fishing1:

You can also get good luderick in the river, or at least you could when I used to fish there as a young teenager (many years ago!). I remember a week of school holidays there when the seas were up and we bagged out (OK, before bag limits!) on big blackies that came in from off the rocks.

Good luck.

Baz

• 2 weeks later...