Ulladulla

joshg_888

Hey guys,

Heading to Ulladulla on friday for 3-4 days for some fishing and :beersmile:

Just wanted to know if anyone has some spots that produce well they know of? landbased

We may take a small boat out too but not sure yet

I have never actually gone to this place so any info would be awesome

Cheers

Hey guys,

Heading to Ulladulla on friday for 3-4 days for some fishing and :beersmile:

Just wanted to know if anyone has some spots that produce well they know of? landbased

We may take a small boat out too but not sure yet

I have never actually gone to this place so any info would be awesome

Cheers

I always enjoy fishing the "Ulladulla Channel". Drive to the lighthouse and take the track down to the rock platform. It's an easy walk. There is a large length of rock/reef that takes the brunt out of a lot of the waves and there's a big flat platform behind you so I always feel safe. It's always a chance for bream, pigs etc. I assume luderick, too. At the ends of the channel, under the white water, trylonger casts for salmon and tailor. I've seen guys trolling at the back of the bommies pick up salmon, tailor and small kings.

UlladullaChannel.jpg

Ulladulla Harbour is worth a go for yakkas, slimies and squid, also probably bream at night, when it's quieter.

I've pulled some good salmon off Mollymook Beach, and the rocks to the north are OK too.

Narrawallee Inlet, to the north of Mollymook, is worth a go for poddy mullet, garfish, flathead and whiting.

Lake Conjola to the north and Lake Burrill to the south are also worth a try for all estuary species.

The beaches and rocks to the south are OK too. Google Maps is your friend - just check out the gutters!

Good luck. I'm jealous! I love that area. :)

Baz

G'Day mate.

ANother good option for some land based fishing is Tabourie Island. It's about 10-15mins south of Ulladulla.

Head into the Lake Tabourie Tourist Park and park down at the beach and you can't miss it.

Once you get onto the island (you can walk out there at low tide) head around the northern side of the island and walk right around to the south eastern corner (you have to walk around that way because if you walk the other side you have to climb a cliff).

There is some nice action to be had off the cliff there. There is a nice hole and it gets some good backwash. Its a really safe spot to base yourself coz you are up nice and high and away from the swell.

Pick your day because it can get very windy around there.

I have found the best method is too use live bait (if you're feeling lazy its easy to pick up some nice sized mullet in the lake at the caravan park) with a float and 2-3m of leader.

We have caught all sorts of things out there, from good sized salmon, small kings, nice bream through to tuna (once). Caught a big bull ray out there one day and let me tell you, that was some fun off the rocks!

At worst I garuntee you will get a greeting from the local dolphin pod that tend to hang around between the island and dum dum's reef that lies to the south of the island.

Failing the island there is some good beach fishing to be had off tabourie beach. We have had catches of salmon, whiting, jews and flathead.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Make sure you let us know how you go!

Edited by lennon_2101

• 9 years later...

Yes under the light house in the gutter is good fishing. Caught plenty of tailor on the northern end under that wash on the protecting reef. Even caught a few nice reds(2kgs) there on occasions. Just use whole pilchards.