Milperra (flower Power) Boat Ramp

domza

Hey guys, just after some details about this ramp? i live fairly close to it, but haven't actually had a look at it..

I am planning on launching there (first time).

just some questions

- does it get busy during the week?

-is there plenty of parking?

-sand either side? wharf?

-is the ramp slippery? i drive a ef ghia rear wheel drive which has trouble with traction as it is, and will be towing a 16ft half cab

thanks

Hey guys, just after some details about this ramp? i live fairly close to it, but haven't actually had a look at it..

I am planning on launching there (first time).

just some questions

- does it get busy during the week?

-is there plenty of parking?

-sand either side? wharf?

-is the ramp slippery? i drive a ef ghia rear wheel drive which has trouble with traction as it is, and will be towing a 16ft half cab

thanks

This might help

I use this ramp quite a bit, packed on weekends heaps of jet skiers.VERY slippery at low tide,sand on one side at low tide. heaps of parking.I have a 4.3 metre boat and pull it with a rear wheel drive falcon on low tide i back up just enough to put the boat in very slippery. hope this helps regards Stephen

Gday Raiders,

be very warly of this ramp. It is a haven for stolen car dumpers. The dumped cars can sit just under the water and are not visable. I recently read a reportof a boat that hit one of the submerged vehicles and did a lot of damage to the leg and prop of his motor. The coppers also recently pulled alot of cars out of the water here.

If you are planing to fish this river head up Henry Lawson Drive to the Georges River Parklands ramp at the bottom of River Road ar Revesby. this is a much better ramp setup,much safer from the local hoons.

You have to pay for $7.50 for park entry but this is worth it. The run upto the Bay from there is about 25 minutes. Last year i bought a National parks pass for $65 and got my money back 3 fold.

Due to the remotness of the ramp near flower power I wouold only consider using it at weekends when there is a lot of other users to lessen the chance of having the car or the trailer stolen of strripped.

THERE ARE MUCH BETTER AND SAFER RAMPS ON THE GEORGES RIVER.

DO NOT EVER THINK OF LEAVING YOUR CAN AND TRAILER HERE OVERNIGHT IF YOU EXPECT IT TO BE UNTOUCHED IN THE MORNING.

Cheers

Balmain Bob

Edited by BalmainBob

Aren't the gates closed of an evening/ early morning for the Parklands boatramp, BalmainBob?

Gday Mate,

Yes they are to stop the local Revesby hoons from hanging out there . i believe that the gates open at 6am and close at 7pm ( dont hold me to that time)

I have left my car and trailer ovrnight twice without incedent, but when I am starting early to fish the Bay I used the Cooks River Ramp or Tom Uglys if the tide is right.

There is alsoKentucky reserve ramp but I think that the one gets shut off at night to stop the car dumping

Balmain Bob

DO not use this ramp.......

Last year i went there with a mate to tow the kids around on the tube. when we arrived (7am Saturday morning) there were about 5 needles on the grass area and 2 or 3 on the sand. Junky scum bags go there at night and must just throw there needles in the water (ok i know this could happen anywhere but i have seen it there and will never go there again).

It is a turd of a ramp anyway as stated above slippery as hell at low tide and it is very hard to load your boat there as there is always tools sipping up and down on ski's ect.

As also stated above use the ramp at the Georges river National park or you can also use the ramp at the Picnic Point boat shed for a small fee of $5 (37a Carinya Road Picnic Point 2213 off Henry Lawson Drive). They have a kiosk, fuel, there is sand close to the ramp and they also have a jetty, it is a bit steep but have never needed to put the car in 4x4 to get the boat out. It is lit up at night as well and can be used 24/7.

There is not a huge amount of parking but i have always got a spot and i have parked here at night plenty of times and never had anything stolen. There are lots of houses around they all have boats and i am sure they would keep an eye on things

i keep meaning to take some photos of the ramp so i can post them on here.

post-7433-1222775066_thumb.jpg

Edited by hoges1974