"another" Sydney Harbour Question

Kruzenvax

Hi all,

I was trying to study all Sydney Harbour posts but still feel slightly lost - and I'm planning to hit it for the 1st time soon. Can anybody please suggest me the best spot for livebait (yakkas, squid) if launching from the Rose Bay ramp? Not asking for exact pinpoint location of your best spots - just an area (the bay, etc).

Apologies if this has been answered before - guess I didn't get it.

Thanks

Thanks Ross,

May I please ask you for some clarification? I have found the spot bridge and watsons bay on my map no problem. The Island of Balmoral - I have Balmoral on my map facing the Hunters bay, than what looks like an island very close to the shore labeled "Rocky point" with baths on the northern side. Is that what you meant by "Island at Balmoral". Also there is a Quarantine head on the map (near the North head) with the marker nearby. Is that the one?

Sorry for asking so many questions...

Thanks

Alex

The reef in front of the Island at Balmoral is a good spot for yakkas , as is the quarantine marker near North Head. Fish the spit bridge or near the baths at Watsons Bay for squid.

Ross

Thanks Ross,

May I please ask you for some clarification? I have found the spot bridge and watsons bay on my map no problem. The Island of Balmoral - I have Balmoral on my map facing the Hunters bay, than what looks like an island very close to the shore labeled "Rocky point" with baths on the northern side. Is that what you meant by "Island at Balmoral". Also there is a Quarantine head on the map (near the North head) with the marker nearby. Is that the one?

Sorry for asking so many questions...

Thanks

Alex

Yeah mate they're the ones. try for squid at Balmoral island too!