Another New Project – Rosie

moover

By the look of those rocket launchers she must have seen a few good fish in her day.

What are some of her specs?

i.e. Length, Breadth, Draught, Year of Build, Where built, previous owners, etc.

I see that she is ply construction and not planked. Is it glassed over also?

What are the plans - re-engine with ????

Damned nice shape and sized hull.

Can't fail with a timber boat.

Good luck with the project.

Cheers

Mariner.

By the look of those rocket launchers she must have seen a few good fish in her day.

What are some of her specs?

i.e. Length, Breadth, Draught, Year of Build, Where built, previous owners, etc.

I see that she is ply construction and not planked. Is it glassed over also?

What are the plans - re-engine with ????

Damned nice shape and sized hull.

Can't fail with a timber boat.

Good luck with the project.

Cheers

Mariner.

Hi Mariner some info for you

Length: 6.6M

Breadth: 2.5M

Draught: I think about 1.M

Ply hull glassed inside and out, she weighs about 3 ton

Year of Build: 1998 (i have some photos of her been built, i will upload them soon: http://www.tcat.com.au/rosie_new.html

Where built: around Taree NSW

Previous owners: Two brothers and there dad built her and she was sold to a guy in the eastern suburbs Sydney, she was moored at Rose Bay.

Engine: Marinised Kubota V1505-E diesel form Diecon VT38, @37.5HP/3000

Gearbox: PRM Newage

She is at my mate’s workshop at Mascot we have started work on her, I think we are going to have trouble replacing her new timber hardwood gunnel.

post-6569-1223977476_thumb.jpg

cheers - Bob

Edited by moover

Thank you for the photos.

With the time and effort, not to mention the blood, sweat & tears gone into the construction of rosie, one would have to ask - why was she left to rot & ruin?

If I built her, there is no way on this earth that she would be abandoned like that.

There must be some good reason.

Luckily for Rosie, she is getting a second chance at life.

Well done guys, keep us posted on the restoration.

Cheers

Mariner

:biggrin2:

that looks like the boat from black wattel bay would i be correct if so good luck for you and bad luck for me pulled plenty of bream from that hull

good luck with the rebuild should be awsom when finnished

mick

yes that's right Mick, Rosie was moored at Waterways, Rozelle for about 18 months, and yes there were some giant bream eating off her.

the funny thing was when we towed Rosie back to Watsons bay we passed 5 waterways boats and they ALL clapped and cheered us....!! Everyone that works at waterways, Rozelle knows Rosie....she had been there long enough. :(

Rosie going to a better home

post-6569-1224133545_thumb.jpg

Edited by moover

• 2 weeks later...

I have a timber boat as well, its moored in nth harbour. She is 33ft and is starting to look a little worse for wear, one problem after another with timber boats!! What do you guys do to fix up the rot, i have a few outbreaks of wet rot in some parts.

I have a timber boat as well, its moored in nth harbour. She is 33ft and is starting to look a little worse for wear, one problem after another with timber boats!! What do you guys do to fix up the rot, i have a few outbreaks of wet rot in some parts.

we grind out all the rot and give it a few coats of Everdure Primer timber primer and sealer is a two-pack clear epoxy resin. Designed to harden and densify timber and permanently seal out moisture. Simple 1.1 mixing ratio.

cheers -Bob

thanks il give that ago. My timber boat is about 50-60 yrs old so she is starting to get a bit fragile! How are your fuel tanks, my SS tank just cracked a weld so Im pretty sure i need to replace it, am thinking of just putting in a bladder though...

thanks il give that ago. My timber boat is about 50-60 yrs old so she is starting to get a bit fragile! How are your fuel tanks, my SS tank just cracked a weld so Im pretty sure i need to replace it, am thinking of just putting in a bladder though...

My mate Shannon is a welder he can tig weld that crack in the stainless steel fuel tank, PM me for his details, it's good having a mate that's a welder :biggrin2:

• 1 month later...

My mate Shannon is a welder he can tig weld that crack in the stainless steel fuel tank, PM me for his details, it's good having a mate that's a welder :biggrin2:

Be very careful welding fuel tanks, also a good chance if it has cracked it is due to fatigue and welding may not be the best option.

Awsome rebuild, will follow this with interest.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw you guys at Watsons Bay on Australia Day. I was dying to come over & say g'day & check her out but by the time my missus got back with the fish'n'chips you were gone :ranting2:

She looked fantastic from where we were, well done on a great resto.