Battlers

mick r

Mark a little more detail they have ultra light blanks, the nicest reel seats on the market and come standard with titanium framed SiC guides. They weigh from between 92g - 130g depending on the model. The limited edition models look even better so hopefully a few of them make it out with the "standard" ones. Here is an old pic comparing the reel seats and cork grips of a battler (top) to a normal rod (bottom). Personally I believe the best of the best off the shelf rods.

Edited by Rick T

The price will be around $400 + still not sur on an exact price but if you pm me we can work out some deals for you guys and dont forget you all receive 5% of rods and reels and 10% off tackle(lures ,plastics,terminal) Daiwa has a suggested retail price and we are governed by this but give me a pm i'm not allowed to drop the price but there is no rule against throwing some stuff in for free :1prop:

Cheers Mick :1fishing1:

P.S I will post it here when they arrive or pm me your number and i will call you so you guys can have first shot.

The price will be around $400 + still not sur on an exact price but if you pm me we can work out some deals for you guys and dont forget you all receive 5% of  rods and reels and 10% off tackle(lures ,plastics,terminal) Daiwa has a suggested retail price and we are governed by this but give me a pm i'm not allowed to drop the price but there is no rule against throwing some stuff in for free :1prop:

P.S I will post it here when they arrive or pm me your number and i will call you so you guys can have first shot.

32240[/snapback]

What do you mean you can't drop the price set by Daiwa? Doesn't Consumer laws say they can only give you a recommended price? isn't it up to you what you set the price to be? I'm not trying to be a smartarse or anything, i'm only wondering?

Oh yea Mick, is it possible for me to get 1pc rods and get it posted to me from you guys?

Edited by BigFatBream

Ben? Who's Ben :1prop:

Speaking of where the Battler's are made, the Pythons are made in Taiwan I think. I wonder if the other models are also made in Taiwan? One's like the Kingbolt and Sparrow?

Cos if they ARE, I'm gona try to source a few from there if I get to go back sometime this year :thumbup: (hopefully)

And yeah, they're a nice rod, well I'll rephrase b4 someone has a go at me, they LOOK nice :thumbup:

Matt

It's called a ratchet Ben :1yikes:  :1prop:

I first saw the battlers a few years ago and found them to be a lot less impressive than the Z's. Also the fact that they are Korean made against the Jap spec z's.

I think the price was good on both styles back when they were 250 ish but now I'm not so sure.

But that said, they are still a very nice rod  :biggrin2:

32629[/snapback]

As with any rods some people like them and some don't, they r as personal as we are. As Matt has mention the battlers r made in Taiwan in the same factory as the saltiga gear. I personally can't stand the Z's for a few reasons mainly the rods are either to soft or to short for meand I am not into overly flashy rods. I know they r sensationally crafted but will never buy one as they don't suit the way I fish, were as they r very popular with most other fishers. The battlers are fairly plain (which I prefer) but it is their performance, weight, comfortability and price for rods with such expensive guides that puts them well above any other rod I own. The python's I have are the first rods I use for bass spinning and got rid of all my baitcasters for the limited edition battler baitcasters I now use due to the extremely light weight and sensational performance of them. For breamin' I don't use them much but hopefully a few of the new models will be more suitable to do so.

Edited by Rick T

Sorry , Swoffa wrong the latest range of heartland z's were brought in with the crome plated guides just for the aust market thats why there was such a price difference(which was about $120) between the ti sic and the plated sic guides as i still have the aust version of the Midge here in my hands i can say that he has got it wrong

P.S spoke to pete my daiwa rep and he is backing me on this one :1tongue:

:1prop::1prop::1prop::1prop::1prop::1prop::1prop::1prop:

G'day Swoff

Mate u only have to look at the guides of the new seagakes etc to see they are chrome plated not titanium guides. don't need a daiwa rep war to see the obvious and if anyone will know it is Mick cause he has both models. My goal has been to have all of my rods with ti guides and I am awfully close to doing so and I can show u the difference any time u like but I am certain your rep will find out the truth or u will actually see both types and we won't hear anymore about it. The older model seagake's that had ti guides were more expensive than the recent ones. The baitcaster rods I use are called a "Pixie Ltd". They have a eva grip similar to the devel 03 but in baitcaster style. ti framed sic guides, 99g, part of the Battler Ltd range with higher carbon % in the blank and usually about 25g lighter. I use shimano curado 100 reels, can't fault them and they are as cheap as chips. I will go and take a few pics of plated guides I have (not a daiwa rod) and the ti guides but in the pics it will be much more difficult to see the difference, basically the ti guides have a dull/matt sheen and the chrome plated guides look like chrome. Also a pic of the baitcaster handle to have a peek at. The basics of the post is saying the battlers are available very soon, if u don't like em cause they are not as fancy as Z's, think they r 2 expensive bla bla just don't buy them. Personally I think some of the models are awsome and I will put my hard earned cash towards them. my mistake, I said they were chromed alconites instead of chrome sic guides, not really an issue as they r both good guides, just personal preference if u wish to pay a bit less or weigh a bit less and also availability.

Edited by Rick T

same here, just going off info but also logically looking at the guides they definately have a very different finish, guess we will leave it to the japanese, taiwanese or whereever they r built to worry about. not sure why u would buy rods u won't use, guess u r a collector? anyway they will be available next week, for those that like em buy em.