Battlers

mick r

..........................................................................................................................................................................nar better not ................................................................................................... :biggrin2:

classic reply ankles :risata: what the??

Niz 3 spin models and 3 baitcast models have arrived

Spin rods

Kingbolt 6'8" 2-5kg fast action. If u like drop shot style rods like myself for bream this one is a beauty. most of the action is in the tip until it really loads up, the rest is just balls. good for bass and bream. :1yikes:

Sparrow 6'6" 2-4kg medium/fast action. This rod is softer overall with an action similar to the seagake. great for people that prefer the softer or "finesse" approach.

Tauras 6' 2-4kg medium/fast action. A short soft rod good for hb and for people that prefer shorter rods.

baitcast

Nighthawk 6'6" 4-10kg medium/fast action. I have purchased this model for spinnerbaits in the 1/4-1/2 oz range and heavier crankbaits such as TN70's for impoundment bass.

Rapier and Flanker are the other models but I haven't had a cast with them so can't tell u much about their best uses, obviously bass is what they are designed for but probably useful in chasing small jews/kings etc. I have picked up the kingbolt and nighthawk, the other models are not suitable to the way I fish but as evident by this post everyone has different opinions of what they like so best to go to the shop and try them with your reels etc to see what is best 4 u. This is a hackers opinion only :thumbup:

Edited by Rick T

holy what?????

Call for fishraider discount that invludes you richard

here are some pictures

Whats the regular price of a rod with full sic ti guides that are not always available to our market????? or the price of the equivelent black diamond????????????

post-197-1109051422_thumb.jpg

post-197-1109051451_thumb.jpg

post-197-1109051511_thumb.jpg

post-197-1109051527_thumb.jpg

Here's a few pics of mine matt, rods r very difficult to photograph unfortunately so get down there and have a look as each model is sensational, I would love to hear differently from anyone who has seen and used the rods. I have owned some fine rods in my time and if these don't rate as the best for me I'll eat my underwear. This is the kingbolt and nighthawk. Hopefully mick will post a few picks of the sparrow aswell though, it has a unique reel seat that had me amazed and I have never seen a guide layout on the solid tip as with this rod.

I think mick mentioned that 6 of the kingbolts are already gone including ours and there are only a handful of each baitcast model left.

Left to right (yours or mine :1prop: )

They are Kingbolt,nighthawk,flanker

cheers Mick

33246[/snapback]

Thanks for the info :1prop:

And thanks for the close ups Rick.....much better than Mick's :risata:

Matt

PS r u trying to show off? I've noticed that in a few of ur pics there's always some weights on the ground! :risata:

Edited by Matrix

my garage has a Mrs alarm :wife::busted_cop::banned2: and is stuffed with my weights training, fishing gear and boat. It barely ever gets cleaned cause she is not permitted entry (thats the way I like it) so there is crap all over the place. As u can tell by the pick the carpet is filthy with leader all over the place, marine carpet scraps, charger cord, weights etc :thumbup::thumbup: I have to leave it that way otherwise everytime she enters she complains about the mess or worse, she'll count my rods on the racks to see if I have purchased more :wife::o

Edited by Rick T

the carpet is filthy with leader all over the place, marine carpet scraps, charger cord, weights etc

Rick if you had mentioned empty beer bottles all over the floor as well it would be a perfect description of my office :biggrin2:

Its a bit off topic but I went in to my local tackle shop up here in Brissy to see if they had any of the Battlers and something else caught my eye. It was a Team Daiwa Saltist 2004 spinning reel. This thing was absolutely beautiful and heaps smoother than the Luvias, from what I gathered from the specs it was basically a salt water version of the Presso. I think it may have been the new Gekkabijin and renamed for the Australian market. So has anyone here used these reels yet?? IMO the reel was the perfect saltwater finesse reel as the gears are slowed intentionally to help with ultra slow presentations and the spool was the usual Daiwa finesse type. The only thing that has got me thinking twice is the drag is only 2kg compared to the 1500/2000 Luvias which is 4kg. I recommend anyone interested to get onto your local tackle shop or rep and check them out.

cheers

NIZ

ps If anyone in Brisbane is after or wants to check out the Battlers They have just got them instock at Captain Blighs in Slacks Creek

yeh i think so. I haven't seen the luvias 2004 spool but I'm assuming its very similar. I've just confirmed that it was the Gekkabijin that I saw and it has been renamed to the Saltist, I don't blame them as "gekkabijin" is abit of a mouthful.