ok raiders after a acdc post i thought i would throw this up

best 3 bands you have seen at a pub

for me

1family hotel deminer and the discords followed by midnight oil

2mother goose at the vicker dural

3;wendy and the rockets at local inn west ryde

i've seen better bands but i remember these 3 nights as going off

cherrs gary

if there was a 4;it would be crissy hinds off the devinals she was a very naughty girl back then

Hi Gary, this goes back a bit ,( late70's ) I saw The Church at the Family Hotel at Rydalmere and they rocked, also ( early 80's ) Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons at the Florida Pub Terrigal they were also great.

Thats just a couple of my rock band memories, all other memories have been erased by Mr Tooheys.. Cheers..

Richard Clapton and band at just about any pub gig I've seen him at and it has been many over 30 odd years. He mainly plays clubs these days but I did see him at the Crest Hotel, Sylvania a couple of years ago and that reminded me of the good old pub gig days of the 70s/80s.

INXS when they supported Richard in 1980. The Family Inn at Rydalmere was a standout.

The Church at the Royal Mail in Tewantin about 1984.

Baz

Angels at Alexandra Hotel Alexander Headland QLD seen angels at a lot of places but this was a standout

Cold Chisel supported by The Divinyls Ballina 1981

Party Boys Bankstown RSL

Other notables that I can think of at this time in the morning are Im Talking at Sweathearts Spy vs Spy at Coogee and Electric Pandas at a pub somewhere in Brisbane cant remember name of it There has been a lot more but hard to remember

Edited by The Iceman

The Radiators...too many venues to list.

GT

:dito:

Weddings Parties Anything - Sandford Hotel Perth

Equal Third

The Pushrods - Canarvon - Sanhurst Run

&

Matt Taylor & Chain - The Foundry Hotel - Kalgoorlie

Edited by Boofhead

It is amazing how good everyone's taste in music is!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

There must be a connection between fishing, top blokes (and girls) and good music!

Some top bands mentioned and great memories revived!

I have to name four (in no particular order):

ACDC

Angels

Radio Birdman

Midnight Oil

Cheers

Peter

PS I think if some of us got together to wet a line, we'd have a lot to talk about besides fishing

From the bands listed I reckon most of us that have posted must be around the same age

One I forgot was the very first bands I saw Ted Mulry Gang supported by Feather whose lead singer was John Swan Next day at school everyone that was there was singing the TMG song Dinah :1yikes::biggrin2:

Edited by The Iceman

Hi Gary, this goes back a bit ,( late70's ) I saw The Church at the Family Hotel at Rydalmere and they rocked, also ( early 80's ) Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons at the Florida Pub Terrigal they were also great.

Thats just a couple of my rock band memories, all other memories have been erased by Mr Tooheys.. Cheers..

Another haunt was the Kincumber Hotel on Sunday arvo's, early-mid 80's

Doug Parkinson

Stormy Monday (they were great)

Blues Bros Big Band

Was a top spot on the hot summer arvo's.. Cheers..

AC DC on top of the Baths at Victoria Park , The Angels at Blacktown workers Club and Finch at the Comb and Cutter ( kerb and gutter ) .

Ross

Finch - lead singer or guitarist, (not sure now) was my Manual Arts teacher in 1975 :wacko:

Angels with a heap more support bands (too blurry now) at Victoria Park Sydney, circa 1978/79

and thin lizy at the oprea house

gary

I saw the end of a Thin Lizzy concert at the Opera House (1978???). Was that a New Years Eve concert Gary? If it was, we then caught the ferry over to Manly to see the end of a Skyhooks concert. Manly Beach looked like a battlefield.

As for Mother Goose, they were fantastic live. Saw them once at Maroubra Seals. Can't remember the guitarist, but he was great.

Finch - lead singer or guitarist, (not sure now) was my Manual Arts teacher in 1975

Angels with a heap more support bands (too blurry now) at Victoria Park Sydney, circa 1978/79

Hey Mariner. I saw Finch at the Opening of the Opera House in 1973. I remember that they did a great version of Led Zep's Whole Lotta Love. Bo Diddley played that day as well.

I was also at an Angels concert in Victoria Park. I think I remember Doc Neeson climbing up and around the stage scaffolding. Some people also had climbed some poles and everyone threw beer cans at them.

I once saw the Oils at a pub in the city (The Civic Hotel???) very early in their career (maybe 1977 or 78?). I think there were only about 30 people there. There wasn't even a proper stage.

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS

Being an Eastern Subs girl I spent lots of my Fridays and Sat nights at the Bondi Lifesaver where I saw all of the bands already mentioned.

Concerts at the showground and masonic halls were goers too - does anyone remember Blackfeather or Stars or Chain

Skyhooks were always a fav at Bondi Lifesaver. The Coogee Bay had a place called The Celebrity Room and around the corner was The Tavern.

My brother was a drummer in bands that played around the place too. He played in bands with a guy called Daryl Braithwaite who went on to form Sherbet.

Of course there were also LRB, Chisels, Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons, Gangajang, Hoodoo Gurus, The Church, Pseudo Echo, Dragon and the list goes on.

Ahhh those were the days :)

Swordy and I are off to see Stevie Wonder tonight - that will bring back memories too I am sure :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

well it was good to wack a post up that all the cool people added to and as i read every post quiet a few times i found my self grinning from ear to ear reliving all the bands we shared

as for thin lizy at least you can remember the year i had no idea

and one more event i remember was norman gunsten jamming with frank zapper frank on guitar and norman with his mouth organ[frank asked him to join the band[the mothers off invention]

thank everone for the good times gary

Being an Eastern Subs girl I spent lots of my Fridays and Sat nights at the Bondi Lifesaver where I saw all of the bands already mentioned.

Concerts at the showground and masonic halls were goers too - does anyone remember Blackfeather or Stars or Chain

Skyhooks were always a fav at Bondi Lifesaver. The Coogee Bay had a place called The Celebrity Room and around the corner was The Tavern.

My brother was a drummer in bands that played around the place too. He played in bands with a guy called Daryl Braithwaite who went on to form Sherbet.

Of course there were also LRB, Chisels, Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons, Gangajang, Hoodoo Gurus, The Church, Pseudo Echo, Dragon and the list goes on.

Ahhh those were the days :)

Swordy and I are off to see Stevie Wonder tonight - that will bring back memories too I am sure :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Went and saw stevie last night... Great concert.. can't go wrong! :thumbup: Truly amazing!

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Ahhhhhh Blackfeather. yep I remember them. The single was called I think "Boppin the Blues"

We had them play at school, Meadowbank Boys High Another good band was Band of light.

Redgum at the 3 Weeds that was a good gig.

Saturday afternoon at the Kinny, now that brings back memories.

Good thread bringing back some good bands.

Edited by Blackfish

One of the most amazing things Ive seen is from one of the bush bands Redgum or Bullamakanka where the drummer did a solo which sounded exactly like a steam train leaving a station and travelling along the line then pulling into the next station I dont think I will ever forget it

Remembered the pub where I saw Electric Pandas It was the Mansfield Tavern in Brisbane

Finch - lead singer or guitarist, (not sure now) was my Manual Arts teacher in 1975 :wacko:

That was Owen Orford, he was the lead singer and he was my industrial arts teacher, too. Peakhurst High, right?

Finch played at our school dance.

Baz

Edited by Berleyguts

Motorhead at Caringbah Pub (didn't that scare the shit out of the flouro wearing surfers)

The Damned at both Caringbah pub and Selinas

and a joint third for most Sydney/Melbourne alternatives in the late eighties- Hard Ons, Lime Spiders, New Christs, Melting Skyscrapers et al

and then this weekend Tex Perkins and his Ladyboys doing covers and taking the p*&ss out of seventies hits.

post-2626-1224760598_thumb.jpg

Edited by davemmm

Many moons ago , I had a girlfriend whose brother owned the Stage Door Tavern opposite Belmore Park in Sydney. Free booze all night , and some great bands , Dragon , Chain , to name a couple !!

Those concerts in Victoria Park were unreal , I think they were sponsored by 2SM (Pre FM days).

Did anyone ever go to one of Billy Thorpes concerts? Man , that guy played LOUD!!

Ross

Ross

many a Friday and Sat night spent at the Stagedoor :biggrin2:

Early 70's in Hurstville at the Rivoli and the Civic seeing Buffalo. La De Dahs,

Hush ahhh yes it was a blur after the White Horse usually

2SM Rocktober gigs always were good, mate was Prob constable there and

when he was called Pig he didn't know if they were someone he knew

or just putting shit on him :074:

ACDC farewell gig with Chain, Lobby Loyd and the Coloured Balls, Dutch Tilders

place went of when Angus (as Zorro) started using a plastic sword to play with

Best gig no special effects no Bullshit was Melissa Etheridge at Selina's

Last gig was the other month Disturbed, POD and Alterbridge at the Horden

now that went off but I think I was the oldest guy there :074: