Best 3 Pub Bands

brickman

the best pub band that ive seen was jeff st john, he was in a wheel chair but that band rocked "early 70's" I evan remember when the Bee Gee's were a pub band LOL where does the time go it doesn't seem that long ago :1yikes:

That was Owen Orford, he was the lead singer and he was my industrial arts teacher, too. Peakhurst High, right?

Finch played at our school dance.

Baz

Spot on Baz :thumbup:

Your brain is obviously not as fried as mine :wacko:

Small world isn't it? :biggrin2:

Cheers

Carl

The Angels and Rose Tattoo on the same card at the Newcastle workers in the late '80's and Radio Birdman at the Palais in the early '90's. Man, If I did that these days I wouldn't be able to get out of bed for a week. There's some great footage of old Aussie bands on Youtube.

Cheers,

Anthony.

Edited by Stuck

• 5 months later...

My top 3 -

no1: hunters and collectors on their break up tour at panthers north richmond 1200 people and turned more away at the door!!! awesome.

no2: the radiators about 20years ago when they were still in there prime at the vicar at dural, packed in like sardines, 4 encores and they turned the disco music on and the crowd still yelled for more Finally the singer came out on stage and said - we dont know any more! but they played once bitten twice shy.

no 3. I had the pleasure of seeing thorpie twice in the last 12mths of his life and feel privledged to have seen him. Oh and I was at that concert at victoria park on the roof of the baths, if I am not mistaken it was an old 2sm concert and dragon made an old moove flavoured milk ad from that concert!

those were the days!

Pete.

The Radiators...too many venues to list.

The Oils...Seven Hills hotel

Matt finish....(now what was the name of that place on the northside of parra station?)

GT

I think you may be talking about the west tower tavern?

My top 3 would be Angles, Spy Vs Spy and Australian crawl/ James Rayne.

A few years ago I saw James Rayne do an acoustic set at my old local up in Gladesville. Very cool way to spend a Sunday arvo!

G

Most of the live music i saw was at D.Y. Narrabeen pubs;

in no real order; midnight oil

the angels

ed keupper

toys went berserk

wurrumpi band [when sober] .

Best live band i saw was george thourogood at the hordern.

Sadly all the pub stages have made way for pokies :thumbdown:

:beersmile: Keenas

:074: wow finch at the kerb & gutter theres some old days, some one is talking about the good old days;;;;;;;; the oils & radiators at seven hills rsl,,,, those were the good old days for music not like todays sh-t

cheers john

Divinyls at sefton...dunno when....Back then :wacko:

Party Boys at parra...dunno when....Back then :wacko:

Chain at The Basement..back then..black russian..dunno when..black russian..repeat by ten..

..white russian..i think her name was sveta! :wacko:

..ceheerrss!..steevoo..!

Richie Blackmore's Rainbow at the Kerb & Gutter, he was smashed so the crowd rioted with beer bottles & stufF.

Billy Thorpe and Skyhooks at Blacktown Showground Dec 1974, the Hooks first NSW Gig and they played the whole Livin in the 70's album, we had never seen a bunch of guys dressed like that, amazing.

Paul McCartney in Parra Stadium and The Stones at Homebush, and any Status Quo show at the Horden.

CYA

Geoff

wow your all showing your age :074:

for those to young to have ever seen a pub band back when i was a lad that's how a band made it to the top

they did the pubs all over australia and if they rocked you would buy there records

so sad the youth off to day will never see this in there local :(

cherrs gary

wow your all showing your age :074:

for those to young to have ever seen a pub band back when i was a lad that's how a band made it to the top

they did the pubs all over australia and if they rocked you would buy there records

so sad the youth off to day will never see this in there local :(

cherrs gary

Don't worry about never seeing it. My eighteen year old is in the pubs seeing bands two or three times a week. The problems is though that they are all in town.

Back in the late eighties the only pub in the sutherland shire that didnt have a band at one time or another was Como.

Still Pokies and dirt cheap bistros make for fabulously entertaining nights dont they.

Dave