Tackle Hates

GregL

Mine, Gulp! packets and the perferated bit where your ment to tear off.

WHY are they all buggered and then you have to get the scissors out and cut right along the edge of the seal section just to get it opened?

Greg

ps best plastics tho!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes thats pretty annoying.

Also when lures you buy don't fit in tackle boxes you already have, uncalled for tangles in the lines which leave you wondering how on earth it happened.

Sure there are many more though.... :1badmood:

......Manufacturer making your favourite surface lure obsolete......

Now I wonder which one that would be Hodgey?? Bet I know!!! :1prop:

1. Definitely, losing an expensive lure to a fish

2. Not catching when all around you are ....... even when using an identical rig & lure!

3. Knots in braid - who has the time to untangle them??

4. buying some tackle, then finding you already had some underneath something else! :wacko:

Roberta

cheap fishing line. Never again

Expensive gear and no money

People who can afford expensive gear then don't use it!!!

:1prop:

Too many lures to choose from

Hooks.... When they are imbedded in your leg

The aforementioned gulp packets

Wind knots and unexplained tangles

Explained tangles

Watching fish ignore your offerings

And worst of all - a lost fish due to faulty tackle

Finally picking up the Tiagra that you have worked soo much overtime to afford way back when fuel was under a dollar. You take it out of the box, admire it, stroke it, you even give it bit of a caress. You maticulously pay attention to how much tension is on the line while you spool it up, you lay the line perfectly so the reel is full without a strand of line out of place. You mount the reel on you favourite 37kg custom stick, ONLY TO REALISE THAT YOU DIDNT PUT THE BLOODY BOLTS IN FOR THE ROD LOCK :1badmood: Decision time, do you just say stuff it and go without? Of course you don't, it has to be perfect so you wind the line off and do it all over again.

About an hour later and with forearms Arnie would be proud of, she goes in the cover to be stored for what will most likely be months because you cant afford the fuel to get out to the shelf.

Thats what i hate

Edited by Sponot

......Manufacturer making your favourite surface lure obsolete......

Now I wonder which one that would be Hodgey?? Bet I know!!! :1prop:

1. Definitely, losing an expensive lure to a fish

2. Not catching when all around you are ....... even when using an identical rig & lure!

3. Knots in braid - who has the time to untangle them??

4. buying some tackle, then finding you already had some underneath something else! :wacko:

Roberta

Roberta

Im with you on number 4 as i seem to do this quite offten. :mad3:

cheers

bob

Finally picking up the Tiagra that you have worked soo much overtime to afford way back when fuel was under a dollar. You take it out of the box, admire it, stroke it, you even give it bit of a caress. You maticulously pay attention to how much tension is on the line while you spool it up, you lay the line perfectly so the reel is full without a strand of line out of place. You mount the reel on you favourite 37kg custom stick, ONLY TO REALISE THAT YOU DIDNT PUT THE BLOODY BOLTS IN FOR THE ROD LOCK :1badmood: Decision time, do you just say stuff it and go without? Of course you don't, it has to be perfect so you wind the line off and do it all over again.

About an hour later and with forearms Arnie would be proud of, she goes in the cover to be stored for what will most likely be months because you cant afford the fuel to get out to the shelf.

Thats what i hate

Sponot

BLOODY BOLTS IN FOR THE ROD LOCK :mad3:

I thought this was something that i just did so i am glad to find out its not. Its just sad that you had to go through the pain to make me feel better :biggrin2:

cheers

bob

Edited by aussie big bob

Funny!

I read each one and feel all your pain as I recon I hate them all too!

But Sponot, that's gold!

I spooled 2 reels up before putting them on the rods....... "ANGER" LOL

Thats what i hate

Mine, Gulp! packets and the perferated bit where your ment to tear off.

WHY are they all buggered and then you have to get the scissors out and cut right along the edge of the seal section just to get it opened?

Greg

ps best plastics tho!

Greg they gave you all the dodgy ones :074:

Hang on they gave me them too :1yikes:

By the way when do we see pic's of the new beast?

Edited by snag