Tackle Hates

GregL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price of Braid , it is ridiculous. :mad3:

Recently purchased a well known brand from the US.

Price , inc delivery (airfreight) was less than 50% of the same product from Oz tackle stores. :yahoo:

Someone is making a good profit at our expense

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

the rich ppl that buy huge boats and exopensive gear and go out maybe once or twice a year....such a waste :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

That's not a "Tackle Hate"

It's called envy lol :tease:

But back to tackle hates - when you cast a new metal lure and it's your best ever cast - at least gonna be 50 metres - then whoops - the bail arm closes and "twing". The lure goes in excess of the magic 50 metre mark, but with no line attached. Make it worse, it was the first cast with this new lure.

I just hate that :wacko:

That's not a "Tackle Hate"

It's called envy lol :tease:

But back to tackle hates - when you cast a new metal lure and it's your best ever cast - at least gonna be 50 metres - then whoops - the bail arm closes and "twing". The lure goes in excess of the magic 50 metre mark, but with no line attached. Make it worse, it was the first cast with this new lure.

I just hate that :wacko:

And there just happens to be masses of big kingies busting up all around you :1badmood:

Im starting to hate vibes too many foul ups and snags :ranting2:

and we're the suckers that keep buying more what a con!

All vibes should come out with W hooks or Doubles far

less foul ups would result, where can we buy these darn

hooks from?

And wind knots bloody annoying they are!

And Greg Lee cause he has more tackle than me :1prop:

any donations Gregory i'll be your best friend :074: :074:

Rizzo

Im starting to hate vibes too many foul ups and snags :ranting2:

and we're the suckers that keep buying more what a con!

All vibes should come out with W hooks or Doubles far

less foul ups would result, where can we buy these darn

hooks from?

And wind knots bloody annoying they are!

And Greg Lee cause he has more tackle than me :1prop:

any donations Gregory i'll be your best friend :074: :074:

Rizzo

Hey Rizzo

Type in "Innovator W hooks" in Google search ;)

Mate if you caught a fish each time you cast your vib out, you wouldn't get snagged as much! :074:

If you didn't keep replacing lost vibes, your local tackle outlet would go broke! Your doing good for the Australian economy hehehe.

Greg

Hey Rizzo

Type in "Innovator W hooks" in Google search ;)

Mate if you caught a fish each time you cast your vib out, you wouldn't get snagged as much! :074:

If you didn't keep replacing lost vibes, your local tackle outlet would go broke! Your doing good for the Australian economy hehehe.

Greg

Thanx G i picked up the last pack they 2day had size 12 pack of 10 from you know where

and they are gunna order more i spun out that they sold evergreen fatmax vibes ltd

colours though, i'll see how these hooks go on the R2S baby vibes....

Rizzo

• 3 weeks later...

not using enough backing thinking that the 600yd spool of braid you just purchased will fill the reel... but it doesnt & now you have an underspooled reel.

take it off, do it again & now you cant fit all the damn braid on because you added a little bit too much extra.

Chris

The easy way to fix this: buy 2000mt spools this way the backing is not an issue and you save money as well if you spool more than one

cheers

bob

Wind knots or tangles in braid while flicking lure's around,very annoying especially when you have to loose 30 or 40metre's of line off the spool when it happens, it just tightens up & you can

never untangle it.

Yep, there's mine.

Not much else that burns me up...Except when livies swim around and tangle up three lines at once. :ranting2:

Apart from that, there's nothing I don't love about this fine sport.

Dave

Sponot, I just did the same thing last night, brand new tuna jig reel fully spooled up with 1000m of 30lb and a nice new set of rod clamps sitting on the desk, BUT I haven't respooled it yet, I'm seeing if I can do it, and let me tell you its hard....really really hard. I see it sitting there when I go to bed, when I have my breakfast, aaaaargh.

tackle hates. (good topic)

1.Tackle shops that sell crap. They know its crap, people complain about, it breaks easily, but they still stock it

2.Tackle bags. 99% are crap. rusting zippers that break and pointless compartments. waste of material.

3.Tackle boxes that break and allow tackle to move around when box is shaken. its 2008 and they're still crap!

4.Rod holders that are too vertical. It looks dumb, they aren't practical, but they are still manufactured.

5.knots that you spend 15minutes trying to untangle only to cut it in the end when your eyes are blood shot.

6.fishing scissors, Why don't they all come with a neck strap so they are more practical & easy to use not loose

Unfortunately some tackle shops are like $2 shops selling complete junk. Others have the dumbest staff on the face of the earth to help you choose expensive items and make important decisions. why are they employed if they don't know anything about tackle??

but when i hear the sweet sound of drag zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i forget everything and get caught in the zone :1fishing1:

Ratings. . .how is a 4kg rod an 8kg rod? same for 2-4 or 6-10 and 15-24.

why cant manufacturers actually measure the size of braid? its not round so how about cross sectional area rather than some p@#$weak comparison to god knows what. . then it breaks at a totally different weight to what it claims.

High quality/expensive snap swivels for game fishing. how long do you dare keep them when they are the cheap and weak link in your spread but they still cost a bit when it comes to buying 10 new ones.

and tackle bag zippers.

Spooling. . . IF, your dedicated. AND dont like guessing; run the topline onto your new reel followed by the backing, then drag it off onto an alvey or other big reel you have laying around,then drag it off the second reel onto a third, then wind it back onto your new reel. Easy fits perfect.

Edited by stevefish

Mine is definatley going for a cast and the braid somehow gets wrapped around the eyelid and breaks at the leader knot.... your leader and lure just flys away into the horizon....

bloody tailor picking on hardnt earnt caught squid that are meant for jewfish...

Wharfs been to packed out and people that get too close to you fishing in your own spot....Line tangles or WHAT?

1. Having your tackle box open when a wave hits and your bilge suddenly has all your sinkers, and your size 10 long shankes become part of your marine carpet.

2. Lures with treble hookes... DOnt leave them on your rods even when in your rocket launchers

3. Sabiki rigs- they are disposable as far as Im concerned

4. The amount of tackle on offer by retailers.......

5. The way my hands shake when you come across some surface action and you need to rerig quickly......

6. Expensive flick sticks and Airconditioning vents in your car....

7. having every hook in your tackle except the one you need cause you use it all the time and its the only one you really should carry cause you only target one fish....

Great post!

- Spooling up a new reel with 600m of braid, only to discover that it needs more backing!

- Tying knots in light line on freezing cold windy mornings.

- Wind knots in braid when there are bust ups infront of you

- The phobia of being caught without something i might want, be it a light rod, heavy rod, hooks from size 12 to 12/0's, bags and bags of plastics, almost 100 game lures.