Professor Kearney On Nsw Marine Parks .. A Report

ok were off topic again .one last time it is a survey using a random phone call system

there is no science to it it is mathamaticly flawed a bit like a polly pole a stab in the dark at best

it did'nt even take into consideration the blackmarket or fish sold in inter. waters by the pro's and resold in png to asia

if you belive surveys then were probely not in resesson and the usa has only just gone into one

we may have to agree to dis agree cherrs gary

Doesn't the term 'peer review' mean anything to you?

By the way the blackmarket consists of amatuers selling their catch - if they were licensed pro's then it wouldn't be 'black'. If the survey doesn't take them into account then this is an under reporting of the amateur catch and the survey results are lower than the real catch!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the black market catch i'm talking about is by pro's selling there catch in inter.waters as prev.discribed

yes i know what peer reveiw means and is about as much worth as a survey

this is not hear say it is fact

2 boats 1 regestered in tonga 1 regestered in somoa

1 long liner1 trawler nz crew australian master

if they get a big catch of fish they head to inter.waters and sell there catch for cash and fuel

no tax the fish goes to png and then to japan i do'nt need to run a survey and have a peer group reveiw the findings to know this is fact i have seen it first hand

i know 3 pro fishermen and 1 is a roge that's 1 in 3

lets run a survey

1200 pro's 1 in 3 in a roge that's 400 roge pro's how much fish do they pilfer who knows but it would be many tonnes i'm shore

fact or fable o i forgot we need a peer group to reveiw this then we can call if fact

now i know why ross baled gary

the black market catch i'm talking about is by pro's selling there catch in inter.waters as prev.discribed

yes i know what peer reveiw means and is about as much worth as a survey

this is not hear say it is fact

2 boats 1 regestered in tonga 1 regestered in somoa

1 long liner1 trawler nz crew australian master

if they get a big catch of fish they head to inter.waters and sell there catch for cash and fuel

no tax the fish goes to png and then to japan i do'nt need to run a survey and have a peer group reveiw the findings to know this is fact i have seen it first hand

i know 3 pro fishermen and 1 is a roge that's 1 in 3

lets run a survey

1200 pro's 1 in 3 in a roge that's 400 roge pro's how much fish do they pilfer who knows but it would be many tonnes i'm shore

fact or fable o i forgot we need a peer group to reveiw this then we can call if fact

now i know why ross baled gary

So I take it you have reported these 'facts' to our fisheries authorities (and the ATO).

PS Internation waters are 200nm off the coast. They will need all that ill gotten fuel just to get back!

hey pin i;ve had a chat to a few labor party members with a few beers and the general feeling was they need the green vote and will probely go with flow lust to keep bob happy

maybe the greens are the ones we need to put the pressure on more so than the gov,your thoughts

cherrs gary

Lets take this further off topic .. hehehe

As a person the works for the DECC (who has nothing to do with policy or MPA's) i can safely say that if anyone wants to get a general picture of how government departments work ... watch a show called the "The Hollowmen" which was recently done by the ABC.

Its damn scary how close to reality it is!!!

Edited by daleyboy