Big Hammer ,now With You Tube Footage

mr magoo

hey folks ,fished on the good ship SIDESHOW on the weekend ,with skipper dave, jose,andrew and myself,trolled east gathering stripies for cubes on the way,we had plenty of berley on board so after topping up with some fresh baits a marlin spread was deployed ,was pretty quiet exept for a few greedy striped tuna impalling themselves on the larger lures

started cubing ,was quit for us and by the sounds of it on the radio was quiet everywhere 3 hours later we had a run but got biten off,there was a bitie in our mist,dave quickly rigged a shark bait and sent it out ,took all of 2 minutes to be taken ,dave kindly gave me the strike let him swallow it for at least a minute probably 2 minutes ,go to set the hook and he drops it ,,mmmmmm check the bait,hooks good send it out again pretty much the same thing happens,is the bait too big ,dont know send it back again and this time came up solid and it screams off 24,we were thinking it was a small shark with the trouble it was having with the bait ,but it was crackling the line of the spool,hey haayyyyy

any way ,stayed high ,didnt jump,what is it

after 20 minutes had it up over the button and about the 45 minute mark,doubles up,trace comes to hand,andrew is on the wheel jose is the video camera man,and daves the trace man

so dave takes the trace and up comes this big bloody hamer,couldnt beleive the size of it .with a rod in one hand and a tag pole in the other i stuck the tag ,as we wanted to make sure we got the footage (as we always end up with footage stopping just before the capture)NOT THIS TIME

tags in! well i can tell you he didnt like that,really wanted to get a couple of still shots but he had different ideas of hanging around,dave now has his feet on the top of the gunnels and his back on the deck,so we cut the trace and let him go,and he gave the hull a good thud as he was leaving,job done,high fives all round

this fish would of given the current ansa australian record a nugde of 258kg,but we will never know i spose,it was at least half the size of the tiger we caught on sideshow a couple of years back(in my picture gallery)

started cubing again,all zeros on that front,started trolling for home and got a lone yellowfin in 150 fathoms

arived back in the bay 7ish

post-5893-1226315471_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1226315510_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1226315529_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1226315556_thumb.jpg

cheers arman

Edited by mr magoo

Hi Arman

I Hope the video footage stacks up to the to the Great story.

Get your A#se over here ASAP so i can have a look at this Beast in action.

Had a quiet laugh when I called the little missus and she told me you would be home early for a change as the weather forecast was not that great. She still does live in HOPE doesn't she :1prop: .

Ken

Hi Arman

I Hope the video footage stacks up to the to the Great story.

Get your A#se over here ASAP so i can have a look at this Beast in action.

Had a quiet laugh when I called the little missus and she told me you would be home early for a change as the weather forecast was not that great. She still does live in HOPE doesn't she :1prop: .

Ken

hey kenny .hey know what you mean,she does live in hope

mate when i get the footage off jose ,reckon you could put it up on the net for me as i have no idea how to do it,as without the fish hanging my story is just a story to others

thanks ken

cheers arman

Hi arman yeh i know!! Just got on to say congrates on

what must have been a great day out on the water

cheers outfisher

ha ha i can tell by your face in the photo your over the moon...

bring the video when you bring my boat back or tell alex to bring it over and il put it up for you....

im sure the 800 people that have looked at this thread will have something to say then....

so when does family get a spot on a boat aye!!!!

i had to buy my own to get a run ha ha.

i look forward to hearing zoe say shhhhhaaark 300 times when we sit down and watch it.

cheers Robbie

a hammer bigger than 254kg is a big call..

would love to see the footage.

congrats sounds like a good fish

You will see the footage and then your eyes can pop out :1yikes:

Armen estimated the sharks size compared to his very large Tiger Shark,so he knows what he is talking about me thinks.

Regards Stewy

Good call robbie. Im still waiting for arman to take me out fishing too :tease: . I had to go buy my own boat aswell. And he calls him self FAMILY huh. lol. Good catch arman and see i told you that ya next trip you's would get a fin. Cause i won the bet. hahaha :1prop:

Cheers Benny

good on ya arman ...do you tag or do you gaff ??? think the right decision was made. now you can see me on the deck/sleeping???thanks to you tube .. vide dosnt do the fish any justice but we know how big it was . do it all again soon . great day had by all

Excellent job fellas !.

I was lucky enough to be on the boat when that 258kg hammer was caught.

One thing about hammers is there HUGE dorsal fin. I rekon it stuck up about a foot above transom of 35 bertie.

However, I seem to remember that a hammer of 355kg was caught at the interclub comp a few years back. Records take a while to update !

AWESOOOOOOOME...

Well done Arman, I mean you could of been in the bay with the boys catching lil trevs but noooooooooo

always have to be one better dont you ... :wife::1prop:

Hey i didnt notice something missing from the video and pics and i am pretty let down....

where was the vertical smile lol hahah no crack

good work again mate great fish

AWESOOOOOOOME...

Well done Arman, I mean you could of been in the bay with the boys catching lil trevs but noooooooooo

always have to be one better dont you ... :wife::1prop:

Hey i didnt notice something missing from the video and pics and i am pretty let down....

where was the vertical smile lol hahah no crack

good work again mate great fish

hi joe ,well as there is ample footage of me wearing cool hipsters ,you can bring that back too ,dont know what you do with it?decided to leave the crack cam at home

something about the counsiling is costing the boys too much ,dont know i dont have a problem with it :tease:

long live tradie butt

cheers arman

hi joe ,well as there is ample footage of me wearing cool hipsters ,you can bring that back too ,dont know what you do with it?decided to leave the crack cam at home

something about the counsiling is costing the boys too much ,dont know i dont have a problem with it :tease:

long live tradie butt

cheers arman

About those videos ....... welllll lol enough said hahah

When we getting out there so i can rip into some Makos, OR be half way into the fight and have me on the side of the boat again begging to go home ... hahah

I didnt no having your pants down ran in the family and started at such a young age too lol Go REECEY ..