Hands On Plastics Workshop

Flightmanager

G'day All ,

Admin and MODS have been busy working out the details for a proposed Plastics Workshop / practical day in the near future.

Here is what we propose :

Target Hen and Chicken Bay for a Social S.P. event.

Plenty of room for boat and landbased options and there are flathead and bream present.

Perhaps some of the Raiders who have boats could take out two Raiders at a time for a 30 minute session on casting and retreiving and see if what they have learned turns into fish.

So in essence,theory for a few hours and then practical for a few hours.

What we would like is , expressions of interest from those who (A) Would like to learn to fish SP's effectively , and (B) Members who would be prepared to take 2 members out at a time in their boats.

Once we have some idea of numbers , we will set a date.

Ross

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day All ,

Admin and MODS have been busy working out the details for a proposed Plastics Workshop / practical day in the near future.

Here is what we propose :

Target Hen and Chicken Bay for a Social S.P. event.

Plenty of room for boat and landbased options and there are flathead and bream present.

Perhaps some of the Raiders who have boats could take out two Raiders at a time for a 30 minute session on casting and retreiving and see if what they have learned turns into fish.

So in essence,theory for a few hours and then practical for a few hours.

What we would like is , expressions of interest from those who (A) Would like to learn to fish SP's effectively , and (B) Members who would be prepared to take 2 members out at a time in their boats.

Once we have some idea of numbers , we will set a date.

Ross

Depending on when and other concurrent events I could be in, may bring :wife: which would mean I could take one-two on my boat.

Rgds

Dhutchy

its not just about catching fish, but it helps

The response so far has been quite positive , and I think we will have more boats than LB guys !! So if you are usually LB , and would like to throw a line in from a boat , let us know .

I will discuss dates / times etc with ADMIN when they return from Glenbawn , and let you know when this event will take place .

Ross

Count me in as a non-boater (once you have the dates firmed up). I have some SP experience but not from a boat. Willing to learn and share experience and help out on the day if required.

Great initiative Ross.

Now this is one workshop im going to be excited for!! I'm still a SP virgin so hopefully after some tips and tricks learnt from you fellas, the fish around me dont stand a chance! :P

Once date and time has been set, ill be able to confirm if i can make it or not.