Squidgy S Factor

Flattiehunter991

I'll get in first here cos I think you may see a pattern emerging soon enough!

I haven't found any great effect with S-factor and can't honestly say I've had any moments where I thought S -factor made the difference. Thats not say its a bad product and I'm not bagging it out in anyway. Just doesn't get results on my water for me.

That said I know a lot of the Sydney Harbour fishos swear by it and use it on everything.

Give it a go...remember its not an attractant as such but is in theory very palatable to fish so they are more inclined to have another go at a lure or hang on a bit harder. You still have to find the fish!

Cheers

C.

Edited by chrisg

As Chris said you still have to find the fish, but i definitely think it makes them more inclined to eat it. I caught snapper smaller that the 4 inch plastic i was using it on, a lot of bites though so it definitely attracts.

If you could buy it in a separate tub to the actual plastics i would.

Josh

"You still have to find the fish!"

And there's the bottom line. It's a lure - what it smells like might help a little bit, but in that half a second between the hit and when I set my hook, Mr Flattie doesn't have much time to think "Hang on, this lure tastes funny". He's got a big fat hook through his lip by "Hang o........ouch!!"

Lure fishing is a predominantly visual affair. While I'm prepared to concede that the scents may waft off the lure and hang around in the water column for a short time (acting like burley?). they're not going to add much to your game. Maybe in dirty water when there's low visibility.....

Concentrate on finding the fish. After that, your lure choice is almost secondary.

Ben

No it doesn't work... But can you send me your unopened satchels...? :biggrin2:

I agree - having used the S factor on some firebaits up in Port Stephens recently off Broughton - have to say the S-factor (on gold squidgies and blue/silver firebaits) was lethal with everything wanting a piece from big snapper to red rock cod - I even caught an octopus on a soft plastic smeared with the stuff - thought I was snagged until I tried to pop the leader and managed to rip him outta his hole...

I reckon it works. I have been using it for the last week and a half and so far i cant fault it. I have even been putting it on the gulps and atomic as well as the squidies and been getting more and more fish. I fished the oyster racks with a mate on wednesday i did one drift without it nothing, while cam was using it and getting fish. Then another drift with it. BANG almost fish a cast. So what can i say. But i find you need to redip every 10 or so casts. But its true you first need to find the fish. Cause it wont bring them to you thats for sure.

Benny

At the moment, it only comes as a small sachet with any squidgy packet on the "Pro Range"

Thats pretty annoying that you can only get it with the pro range, they should sell little tubs of it. Anyone got Starlo or Bushy's number :1prop:

Thats pretty annoying that you can only get it with the pro range, they should sell little tubs of it. Anyone got Starlo or Bushy's number :1prop:

Roberta is friends with Starlo. Maybe she can put a word in for us Josh :1prop:

Would be good if it came in a tube or can like the stimulate stuff.

hey tripper,

i bought a few s factor packs when i first saw them around a little bit more than a yr ago. had no success on them except for tailor (which smash every thing_) i gave up. a few different tries here and there but mainly using berkleys and HB's.

in saying this today on a yaking expedition i got another pack from ottos 1st thing in the morning. i was NEARLY switched back for awhile but when things got slow the gulps out did the s factors, though s factor caught the biggest ones.

i think my s factor collection might soon grow to as big as my gulps one :wacko::wacko::wacko:

oh no i need more over time

Hmmmm, not sure if I am catching any more with the S factor ..... those silver foxes are great on flatties anyway!! :074::1yikes: To be honest, more often than not, I forget to use it! :wacko:

The first lot I got, I put into a little plastic tub (emphasis on 'little') and keep it in my gear, as I found the opened sachet leaked out a bit anyway & you may as well not waste it!! Just use the tip of your little finger to swipe some onto hour sp lures & HBs (yes, it is supposed to work on both!) There is way too much in each packet for the one set of sps suppied! I actually found an unopened sachet at a boat ramp recently too! :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

Haven't asked Starlo about that ....... yet ......

The guys at shimano has said it will not be coming out separate from the prorange as they want you to buy the squidgys and it should start coming out soon in a tube instead of a satchet in the packets

I think it really does work.. but what do I know.. I have been on and off plastics for 3 to 4 years and after trying SF I will not use any other type of plastic!!! In fact I don't even really bait fish anymore. apart from live baiting that is.

I think its great on hard body lures as well, It brings the fish back with a nasty second strike if they dont hook up the first time. I would buy it in a tube or by the bucket if I could.

thanx for great replies, keep them coming. The guy on iFish paul worstelling swears by it, ive seen him use them in victoria, but you can never tell whether the stuff works any better just cause good fishos use it.

Thats like with the instant bait. You see it being used really effectively on those free dvd's in the magazines but then you use it and its nowhere near as good. I think they just fish very good locations in that. The s-factor though is better imo.

The best thing to put the S-Factor in is an old film canister. Saw that on the S-Factor dvd. No spillage there. i fit about 3 packets in it. You can get them from photo shops cheap i used to put my jig head's in them before and write the size and weight on the top.

Benny.

Edited by bender

Haha, film canisters! Forgot all about those things!! Has anyone tried the garlic spike it scents? It dyes the tail of your lure and gives it a crazy garlic stench which is meant to be good on flatties, iv seen it on some dvd's etc so bought a pac today to give it a crack, its only like $10 anyways...