Storing Open Packets Of Gulp

slinkymalinky

Does anyone have any clever, foolproof ways to store open packets of Gulp so that the juice doesn't leak out and make your bag, boat, car, tackle box STINK to high heaven. These days, all my open packs get emptied into a sealed plastic container as the colours don't seem to run (at least not yet) but it's not an ideal solution as it's messy and inconvenient. I like the zip seal packets but the seal isn't 'juice proof'. Drives me nuts... now I've got Slams and Guzzlerz to deal with too... any ideas?

Cheers, Slinky

i got a box with a lid that is about the same size as the packet. i just put all my plastics in there. it sits upright and if the juice leaks, it stays in the box. i can put about 20 packets into box. there are larger ones but i needed one that i can fit into my back pack. you can find these boxes at any dollar shop

my question is what do you do with a used gulp?

Edited by hottyscotty

sorry to lead the post astray but im curious say

if i used a gulp and it doesnt get any hits in one session.

if i soak it in the juice again will the plastic still work on the next trip?

it most certainly will!!!

The only way you can use those packets and not have them leak is if you keep em up right. Like hottyscottys idea, if you file them all away in a box up the right way and make sure the box is always the right way up, then no problemo. Doesnt work for me cuz I want them in a backpack sometimes to walk down to the water, and a box digging into my back isnt very comfortable. I just bought a tub of gulp (dont use that, they leak too), tipped all the juice into a dolmio pasta sauce container and stick all my patterns in there. The gulps wont leak into eachother. Its still a problem fishing them out of there tho if the one you want is at the bottom, but someone mentioned a little container with a strainer inside it so when you want something you just pull the strainer out and take your pick of the plastic minus the juice. Great idea but Im still looking for them.

Berkely make a nice little insulated bag that holds packets upright

I will have it with me on sunday

I've got one of these as well.

Quite good except the one i have some of the packets don't fit in the plastic sleeves so you can't do up the snap lock seal thing but still works well.

sorry to lead the post astray but im curious say

if i used a gulp and it doesnt get any hits in one session.

if i soak it in the juice again will the plastic still work on the next trip?

I've caught fish on there first use and if the plastic is still good i was it with water then put it back in the packet i have caught 3 to 4 fish with one plastic

Cheers Joe :1fishing1:

I gave up with the plastic packets, I pinched one of my wifes lock lock containers and I store all my Gulps directly in there with the juice. The containner doesn't leak and you can easily access the one you want without having to fumble thru those packets.

• 1 year later...

I've been trying out Plano Liqua-Bait boxes and so far its been very good. doesn't stop your packets leaking but does stop juices leaking from the box.

check them out at plano. i got both the large and small, the extra deep is too big to fit to into a backpack so i got the small one as well. i like the small containers that come with it too

• 2 weeks later...

I've got all my gulps in those lock tight tupper ware containers. It's called lock and lock and it is great. I have them side on in the tackle box for weeks without any leakage. I use the small flat one, which doesn't take up much space at all.

If u need one slinky, let me know and I'll send u one.

cheers Autocadpost-3319-097682900 1285841533_thumb.jpg