Black Pete Outriggers. Pro's Con's?

Hi Raiders, looking at buying some 16' Black Pete outriggers for my 6.4m Savage Marlin. Just wondering if anyone has used these or has any info on them. I've had alook and they seem great, nice and stiff with solid side mounts, two piece by the way. Any info would be great. Thanks Tobe

Hi Mate,

The black pete riggers are just Pacific composite poles with black pete rigging and weights, i also think they run Reelax bases. Reelax also use Pacific Composites poles made to their specs.. Go for it if the price is right, just make sure you use some solid backing plates when you mount them.

No worries....

Pro's: No need to cut holes, small footprint. cheap.

Cons: Must be setup correctly to achieve correct angles, separate base and mount means you can lose the elbow if not glued to the pole. Potential to drop the pole in the drink because you have to separate the base and elbow to lay the riggers out at sea.

Hi Mate,

The black pete riggers are just Pacific composite poles with black pete rigging and weights, i also think they run Reelax bases. Reelax also use Pacific Composites poles made to their specs.. Go for it if the price is right, just make sure you use some solid backing plates when you mount them.

Cheers Sammy, I was hoping they were PC poles, heard good things about them, have some good stainless backing plates ready made up for inside the cabin, well chuffed. Picking them up next week, fully rigged too, can't ask for more really. Thanks again.

Tobe

Will we are on outriggers.

Ive recently purchased a 7.8m sportsfisher marlin broadbill.. Im looking getting a set of outriggers for it.. Does anyone know what length i should get and what brand.. cost etc etc

regards

Shaun

Hey guys,

I have used and installed the black pete riggers before and i can vouch for them being top notch, for memory they do 12 and 16 footers. Give them a call at their office on 9905 7888 and they will advise you on what to use and where to purchase them from.

Andrew

Hey guys,

I have used and installed the black pete riggers before and i can vouch for them being top notch, for memory they do 12 and 16 footers. Give them a call at their office on 9905 7888 and they will advise you on what to use and where to purchase them from.

Andrew

cheers andrew

do know a ball park figure?

Will we are on outriggers.

Ive recently purchased a 7.8m sportsfisher marlin broadbill.. Im looking getting a set of outriggers for it.. Does anyone know what length i should get and what brand.. cost etc etc

regards

Shaun

The general rule is 3/4 the length of your boat... but practically i would suggest 16 footers will be fine.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mate,

I have Black Pete 16ft they have a strong base, (Not Relax actually Black Pete), while traveling in big sea i store riggers down side of boat full lenght and strap to bow rail and rear tie off cleat , this saves stressing the bases and pole mounts, i have cracked and broken fitting at end of both poles while traveling with riggers up, And that goes for all riggers especially 16ft or up, their is too much strain on all items traveling while up. They are a great set up for a realistic price.