What Is The Best Sp For Kingies?

:risata: My god, I almost dare not start this....but!! I heard so many different things from so many tackle shops its getting ridiculous. I'm fairly new to SP's, heaps of lures, spinners and plugs but not much in the way of plastics, so just want to pick your brains and see if i can come up with a worthy plastic to hit the harbour with.??? Ok so over to you guys.......

Sluggo's, 6inch in white and pink.

I find white gets most fish but pink attracts most interest in terms of follows.

If you can't get anything to be interested then a big 9inch sluggo usually fires something up when ripped up from down deep.

Cheers

Josh

At the moment, I think any SP will work.

We normally use 10" Platinum Stick baits, but in the last week the kingies have been thick, that we had damaged SP redeployed in all sorts of fashion (Half, Quarter, even arse about backwards) all worked.

I also had the 4" Slam Shads work, while just soaking in water behind the boat - no jigging action at all.

Jeff

While we're on this topic, can I ask what jig head/ hook setup everyone's using?

I tend to use 7" Gulps unweighted with a 7/0 Owner "oversize" hook (worm hook style). I've been adding a running sinker to get the plastic down deep when necessary.

What's your setup?

While we're on this topic, can I ask what jig head/ hook setup everyone's using?

I tend to use 7" Gulps unweighted with a 7/0 Owner "oversize" hook (worm hook style). I've been adding a running sinker to get the plastic down deep when necessary.

What's your setup?

We're fishing with Nitro jigheads(3" Pogy Heads) 1/2 oz with a #4/0 hook white colour, seem great around the markers in Botony. Use 20lb mainline with a 40lb wind-on leader, you never know what your going to hook up too..