Fluro Carbon

craigtempo

Vanish is not good with fishes which hide under structure i find it wears out alot quicker than the japanese fluorocarbons.

Used a brand called takoytsu fluorocarbon and this stuff is strong tough and soft.

6lb flurocarbon and i can land everything from blackfish to some massive tailor not ddoing any damage to the line even though it swallowed the whole hook down. Vanish in the other hand lse too many lures to tailor even on 20lb. :ranting2: So if you can i find any the japanese stuff is what u wanna get

CHeers A.dawg~~~

i use the a siglon product named the ROCK,its very hard wearing and cheap in comparison to the other quality fluro,s.i used vanish for a while but in my opinion it wears just like normal mono

so it comes down to what you after invisibility or abrasion resistance

when using the rock you dont have to cut your jig of after each fish to trim your leader

the nitlon stuff is very good also

cheers arman

Thanks everyone

im using vanish but im sick of loosing fish and lures [ $20 a pop] its not the knot its the line breaking .the last straw was yesertday brand new sx48 second cast BIG hit [ i think a big flathead ] felt head shakes and weight then snap ????????

so ill probably go high quality japanes 4lb and 8 lb .

cheers

craig

Thanks everyone

im using vanish but im sick of loosing fish and lures [ $20 a pop] its not the knot its the line breaking .the last straw was yesertday brand new sx48 second cast BIG hit [ i think a big flathead ] felt head shakes and weight then snap ????????

so ill probably go high quality japanes 4lb and 8 lb .

cheers

craig

Craig

You are using Vanish leader and not Vanish line? I had the same problem until I realised I was using the line not the leader variety.

Also its much more critical to lubricate and bed knots down carefully with FC. I have also found that a uni is more reliable than a blood knot with Vanish and there is the Berkley developed Trilene knot.

Cheers

C.

Craig

You are using Vanish leader and not Vanish line? I had the same problem until I realised I was using the line not the leader variety.

Also its much more critical to lubricate and bed knots down carefully with FC. I have also found that a uni is more reliable than a blood knot with Vanish and there is the Berkley developed Trilene knot.

Cheers

C.

thanks im using the uni knot and it is the line not the leader matireal .i didnt know they made leader matireal .i also lubricate all my knots .

but still and correct me if im wrong BUT i dont lose this many lures or fish if im using normal

[ maxima for eg ] line !as i said the line seems to be breaking .maybe its old or a bad batch but il start using high end fluro .

cheers

craig

Thats your problem Craig..get the Vanish leader and you'll be much better off.

As I understand it the difference is partly down to the stretch. When using the line over a distance there is just enough stretch to cushion any jolts. When used as a leader over a few metres, especially when attached to a braid, there is no give at all. Hard hits and head shakes can literally shatter the line.

The Vanish leader is a different composition and has enough give to handle short sharp hits.

If your still up for it give the Leader a go.

Cheers

C.

Thats your problem Craig..get the Vanish leader and you'll be much better off.

As I understand it the difference is partly down to the stretch. When using the line over a distance there is just enough stretch to cushion any jolts. When used as a leader over a few metres, especially when attached to a braid, there is no give at all. Hard hits and head shakes can literally shatter the line.

The Vanish leader is a different composition and has enough give to handle short sharp hits.

If your still up for it give the Leader a go.

Cheers

C.

ahhhhh theres my answer though i still think ill move on to the high end stuff

thanks chrisg

craig

thanks im using the uni knot and it is the line not the leader matireal .i didnt know they made leader matireal .i also lubricate all my knots .

but still and correct me if im wrong BUT i dont lose this many lures or fish if im using normal

[ maxima for eg ] line !as i said the line seems to be breaking .maybe its old or a bad batch but il start using high end fluro .

cheers

craig

Some guy at some tackle shop some time ago told me the vanish leader and the canish line is the sme stuff just different packaging to make it sound good so u buy two seperate ones line and leader and just a technique berkley uses to sell more of there stuff ...

I mean there both made ou of fluorocarbon right??? so wuts the difference

Dont know wut he said is roght though

Cheers a.dawg~~~