Mud Crabs In The Hacking

A.dawg

went to a new spot today in the hacking caught zip but a small trevally and 1 squid in 2 hours as we were about to leave chuck out our mackerel and yakkas in the water and about 10 mins after we saw a blue swimmer and a huge muddie come and grab the bait and run too bad no traps in the hacking but i didnt know the hacking had muddies??/ anyone catch any??

A.dawg~~~

went to a new spot today in the hacking caught zip but a small trevally and 1 squid in 2 hours as we were about to leave chuck out our mackerel and yakkas in the water and about 10 mins after we saw a blue swimmer and a huge muddie come and grab the bait and run too bad no traps in the hacking but i didnt know the hacking had muddies??/ anyone catch any??

A.dawg~~~

Hey Dawg,

My brother and I usually catch blue swimmers in port hacking using handlines in about 5m of water.

We fish for them in Gunamatta bay.

Where abouts did you find the muddie?

You can get them by putting some fish heads in a net (the type you buy your oranges in) and tossing it in. When the line feels tight, slowly pull it in. You will need a wide opening net and arnold schwartzenegger to wrestle it and tie it up. Where abouts are the muddies in the hacking?

Hey Dawg,

My brother and I usually catch blue swimmers in port hacking using handlines in about 5m of water.

We fish for them in Gunamatta bay.

i caught a nice blue swimmer in gunamatta bay on news day by chance using my normal rod and reel....

nice dinner plate size...first time i have caught one so it was quite satisfying to catch it mid arvo and go home and cook it for dinner....dosent get any fresher... :1punk:

yes a catch many blue swimmer using livies in the hacking but muddies never heard off them here

Btw was fishing near bass and flinders point so the water is really clear seeing a muddie is really weird