Recommend Any Good Fishing Spots In Sydney For A Casual Fisherman?

Sam46

Hello all,

first of all, what a great forum. Been browsing around for a while and found a lot of interesting stuff.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good land fishing spots in and around Sydney.

I'm not after huge fish or anything, just somewhere with a bit of action for a bit of fun.

If they're good enough to take home and cook up then that's just a bonus.

Cheers!

Hi Sam 46 :1welcomeani: To Fishraider. I understand that you're looking for good lanbased spots, and, in order that our members can give you productive locations and the best times to fish, please tell us where you are based and what part of the Sydney area would suit you best to travel to?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Sam 46 :1welcomeani: To Fishraider. I understand that you're looking for good lanbased spots, and, in order that our members can give you productive locations and the best times to fish, please tell us where you are based and what part of the Sydney area would suit you best to travel to?

Cheers

I'm based in the Castle Hill area, but anywhere within a 60km radius would be fine! So that pretty much covers all of Sydney and a bit more!

Cheers !

hey sam wecome to the site sydneys a big place mate with many options for all maner of fish

beach rockhopping harbour hawks.

if you would like some where for all conditions and all off the above

barranjoey head land all 360 deg.there's some where for everyone and all types off fishing

if you let us know a bit more info you will be rewarded with many replyes and advise

what gear do you have what bait do you use do you get up at 4.00am to go fishing do you use live bait or get your bait from a servo

there are no stupid questions we all had to start at the begining and you will find that there are many members that get a real buss out off helping people get amungst some take home fish

cherrs gary

hey sam wecome to the site sydneys a big place mate with many options for all maner of fish

beach rockhopping harbour hawks.

if you would like some where for all conditions and all off the above

barranjoey head land all 360 deg.there's some where for everyone and all types off fishing

if you let us know a bit more info you will be rewarded with many replyes and advise

what gear do you have what bait do you use do you get up at 4.00am to go fishing do you use live bait or get your bait from a servo

there are no stupid questions we all had to start at the begining and you will find that there are many members that get a real buss out off helping people get amungst some take home fish

cherrs gary

I'm more of a night fisher, usually head out around 11pm til around 4am or so. Usually calmer spots, don't go to beaches or rocks too often.

Mainly use fresh prawns or live worms.

I'm really not fussed, I'm keen to try out any place with any type of gear/bait/time combo that you guys would recommend.

Edited by Sam46

I'm more of a night fisher, usually head out around 11pm til around 4am or so. Usually calmer spots, don't go to beaches or rocks too often.

Mainly use fresh prawns or live worms.

I'm really not fussed, I'm keen to try out any place with any type of gear/bait/time combo that you guys would recommend.

Hi Sam Being located at Castle Hill gives you an easy drive to Wiseman's Ferry and the Wiseman's area has always fished well for general species at some time or other. The Wiseman's area is better known as being the nursery for undersize jewfish being part of a sunken valley with deepwater corners. Good size jewfish have been caught with long cast rods over the years. It would be a good place to start off and get to know the layout. There are plenty of landbased spots around Wiseman's and it's worth while checking out the spots near the old cemetry which is along the road east of the pub not far from a boat ramp. After getting to know Wiseman's, you can always go up a cog and get the Ferry over in the afternoon and drive up to Spencer for your night sessions and come back in the morning. Spencer is a very good spot for general fishing and make sure you gear up well for jewfish because some monsters have been caught at Spencer over the years by boat fishermen and landbased fishermen as well.

Looking forward to reading your reports

Cheers

ok so your a night salker and you use live blood worms i'll asume your land based

if i had live blood worms and was leaveing home at 11.00 i would go to dora creek inlet but that's a bit far being 1.5 hours up the coast but you would bag out on blue nose bream

post-6655-1231645883_thumb.jpg

this in the joey the 2 spots hight lightedin white are serious rock hopper spots for tailor

on the pittwaterside spot 1 2 3 are all good night time spots abit off a walk number 2 is shallow water with a few free standing rocks that you can reach

i've caught many big bream hear at night in under 1.5 meters off water spot 3 is called slopping rock and is also shallow good flathead and bream spot

there you go that should get you started it would pay you to do a recky in daylight hours to get to know the track for fishing 2 and 3

cherrs gary

Thanks jewgaffer and Gary.

I've never fished at Wiseman's so I'll have to give it a go soon. And your right it's fairly close for me too.

I've fished at the joey before, I think it was at point 5 on your map. Was a bit too rough on the night. And it was a decent trek to get there!

I'm keen to try spots 1, 2, 3 as you said, would obviously be much calmer compared to the other side.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated, cheers!!