Pimp Your Saragosa 18000 F

dogtooth

Hi Everyone ,

I just recently purchased another saragosa 18000 f from go fish pete at dural and upgraded the handle to the T - Bar stella as i have been so happy with the first reel i converted 6 months ago .

post-692-1232107095_thumb.jpg

Standard Saragosa 18000 F

post-692-1232107119_thumb.jpg

T- Bar Stella Handle

post-692-1232107108_thumb.jpg

T-Bar Handle upgrade :thumbup:

Tools used:

1 small flathead screwdriver

1 large flathead screwdriver

Breakdown

So, first you use the smaller flatehead screwdriver to take out the 2 tiny silver screws that hold your silver, plastic "SHIMANO" emblem plate onto your handle knob. Carefully extract the screws and plate and put them aside in a safe place so you don't lose them. They are very small screws!

After you've taken off the plate, you will see a gold, cylindrical nut with a slot at the top of the nut. Use a large flathead screwdriver to unscrew this nut off the threaded end of the handle. Also place this aside. Finally, remove the black ball bearing bushing out of your orginal knob (probably still in there) by lightly smacking the knob into your other hand with the hole facing your palm....the bushing should fall right out.

Re-installation

Now, slide the Stella Power T knob onto your Saragosa handle.

Make sure the knob is seated fully and properly.

Next step is to insert the black ball bearing bushing around the threaded end of the handle inside the knob hole.

Finally, screw the gold, cylindrical nut back onto the threaded end of the handle. Give one good tight turn at the end to secure the bolt in place. Place the new face plate on for the t- bar handle.

You only need to order the t-bar handle as shown in the second picture it should come with faceplate and counterweight for the handle...

Hope this helps a few people.....

Cheers .... Dogtooth... :1fishing1: John..... :beersmile:

Edited by dogtooth

• 1 year later...

i upgraded my handle on the weekend

am yet to test her out on a fish but im sure its going to be alot better on the hands after a few hrs jigging

total cost for the new handle $50 they had forgot to include the counter weight for the bottom of the handle so i

sent shimano a email and they r sending it out today

it should also eliminate the need to wear gloves while jigging

cheers John for the heads up

img0244e.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice, love the look on the T-Bar. Hope u get to try it out soon.

What rod is that Saragosa mounted on, looks like the new Jig-Wrex?

Cheers,

sha

talk about a late reply

it goes great on the reel but it still cuts up my hands

not the end of the world just have to make sure i have my gloves on when jigging

yeh its the new jigwrex s605

shes a weapon

Edited by Framedtrash

Great post Dogtooth. This is something I know a lot of people want to do and it makes a big difference to how a reel like your Saragossa is to use. Thanks for sharing the info.

Hope you don't mind, I've moved it into the maintenance forum so it can become part of the 'library'.

Cheers, Slinky

I agree, I pserosnally like the looks of the T-Bar Handle, however i prefer the standard egg shaped Stella handles and the ball handles on the Daiwas, they just feel much better when you are jigging.