Windang Beach Fishing

jonno86

Hello fellow Raiders,

I was out @ Windang beach and got there around 10ish when it was high tide. No luck with the tailor as they play mind games eating the pilchard.

About 2hours into the fishing i struck someone solid on the line which has no reaction on the line as i though i caught a massive seawood or something and it took 5-10mins for me to reel it in as i struggle towards the end as I saw something silver on the sand coming in and and ran over quickly and caught this massive fish.

First time i caught something massive for beach fishing.

No idea what it was.. could it be a jewfish? What a day for the start of 2009 =]

Regards,

John.

post-7034-1232943200_thumb.jpg

post-7034-1232943209_thumb.jpg

post-7034-1232943218_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonno86

sick jewie mate!!! :biggrin2: i was at windang last night too, catchin tailor on hb lures at the breakwall... will post photos soonish...

well done mate !!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody well done mate. :yahoo::thumbup::biggrin2:

If you don't mind saying, where on windang beach were you fishing, down near the breakwalls or north of the surf club, and what bait did you get him on?

I'm a local in Windang and never caught a jew off the beach or anywhere else for that matter.

Again, well done mate.

Bloody well done mate. :yahoo::thumbup::biggrin2:

If you don't mind saying, where on windang beach were you fishing, down near the breakwalls or north of the surf club, and what bait did you get him on?

I'm a local in Windang and never caught a jew off the beach or anywhere else for that matter.

Again, well done mate.

North of the surf club.

I use pilchards.

G'Luck on your encounter with the jewy as it could be you next hehe.

Regards,

John.

North of the surf club.

I use pilchards.

G'Luck on your encounter with the jewy as it could be you next hehe.

Regards,

John.

Cheers mate :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

Thanks for revealing your secrets, will definatly be giving that a go, now I know it is possible off the beach here.

Absolute cracker. Love this story. As many have said many fishermen have a lifetime dream of catching jewfish....

Odd fighting tactics. Usually a jew that size would put a bit more fight!!

Enjoy eating the seaweed!!

Congrats

Wammo