Blue Grenadier

Croft

Hi guys, I got a frozen bag of Blue Grenadier fillets from woolies. The other night I wrapped a piece in foil with some herbs and butter, and it tasted pretty ordinary :thumbdown: . Last night I marinated a piece in tandoori and just grilled it on the bbq, it wasn't too bad. Any other ideas for these fish? I don't know much about them...

http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/fishfacts...h/mnovaezel.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Try these:

To Thaw: For best results, thaw Blue Grenadier fillets in a covered pan in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours. For quick thawing, place fish in an airtight bag or its original packaging and submerge in a pan of cold water. Do not thaw fish at room temperature. Do not refreeze.

To Bake: Preheat oven to 425°. Place thawed Blue Grenadier fillets in a pan, brush with melted butter or margarine, sprinkle with your favorite seasonings. Bake for approximately 12-18 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

To Sauté: Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season Blue Grenadier fillets with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and place in hot skillet. Cook approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. For added flavor, sprinkle with lemon juice.

To Microwave: Place thawed fillets in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with microwaveable plastic wrap. Turn back one corner to vent steam. Cook at MED-HIGH (70%) for 3-1/2 minutes (6 minutes per pound). Let stand 3 minutes.

Cheers

Hodgey