Wisemans Ferry Fish

oztangs

There was a lot of fresh in the water at Wisemans last weekend - I know because I swallowed about a gallon of the stuff trying to learn to water ski (at my age)! :1prop:

From what I hear, it's been a bit quiet lately but there's always the chance of bream and jew etc. I'm told that there's a deep hole under the overhead wires upstream of Webbs Creek Ferry. I saw some big mullet jumping on Sunday. Bass and estuary perch are also a possibility (try taking the dinghy up into Webbs Creek). Crabs, too near the mangroves.

Please don't berley up for bull sharks this weekend - I'll be waterskiing there again and tubing with the kids! :074:

I have recently bought a share in an on-site van up there but have yet to seriously fish the area. I caught a small soapy jew a few weeks back off the jetty at the caravan park. Get some fresh Hawkesbury prawns if you can.

Good luck,

Baz

Gday Guys,

Wondering if anyone would know what come be on the menu up around the Wisemans Ferry area. Going on a houseboat for the weekend and I can't resist taking the fishing rod.

Cheers,

Tangs

Have heard there is an 'unusually sandy spot', from the forums & from others ........It's a good flatty haunt. But have yet too find it (Land based) as I think it's only accesable via water unless staying at the caravan park.

Good luck!!!

also have been fishing with mates and seen very few keepers from the main warf (100m Downstream of the main ferry) ......1 x Bumper Brim + 4-5 Soapies, + plenty of crappy stuff.

Wisdhing you luck & looking forward to your report of by-catching the elusive Hawkesbury Marlin!

Greg

Gday Guys,

Wondering if anyone would know what come be on the menu up around the Wisemans Ferry area. Going on a houseboat for the weekend and I can't resist taking the fishing rod.

Cheers,

Tangs

Head downstream from the ferry for about 2-3 km until you see a caravan park on your right, not far past that the river will narrow and turn left, just before the river narrows you will see a windsock on a pole in a paddock on the left hand side of the river and there is a portable toilet under some trees. This area is very good for flathead bream and jew. Use hawkesbury prawns or on low tide just on the corner further down you will see a green pole next to a sandy beach, take a yabbie pump with you and pump squirt worms here on low tide they are dynamite for bream.

straight out from the windsock you will notice the water boiling up where it goes over a fairly undulating bottom, this is where you need to fish 1 1/2 hours either side of the turn of tide. Sometimes there are small tailor here and a fresh tailor fillet could get you a decent jew at this time of year - I have caught them to 15 pound at this spot.

Good luck.

pete.

Thanks Pete,

When I get my punt back on the water, I will have to head down there and give that area a try. Maybe I can talk my mate into taking the ski boat down this weekend for a look, though ;)

My van is at Carinya Ski Ranch, upstream from Webbs Creek ferry, so I've only been fishing around there. Can't wait to explore further downstream.

Cheers,

Baz