National Fishing Challenge

Hi All Raiders,

Here is a National Fishing Challenge and one that I know we, as a raider community, can help the cause it represents.

Each year more than 18,700 men and their families feel the impact of diagnosis of prostate cancer. Each year close to 3,000 men will lose their lives to prostate cancer, second only to skin cancer.

This is why Pirtek have partnered with the Prostate Cancer Foundation to increase awareness of prostate cancer in the community and also raise much needed funds. Our aim is to raise $100,000.00.

Pirtek are hosting the first ever truly national fishing challenge. It is open to everyone – mums, dads, kids and grandparents!

Every State and Territory will win "BIG CASH" and terrific prizes. Pirtek together with Berkley, Lowrance and Evinrude have amassed a massive prize pool in excess of $100,000.00.

Remember the idea is to grab the family or a couple of mates for the day, have a great time fishing and raise a few dollars for the Prostate Cancer Foundation - and hopefully some big bucks for yourself!

Catch you on the water

happyfishing.gif

Go to the link below to register and read about this event to take place on SUNDAY 19TH APRIL. All you have to do is register and take yourself and family out fishing and catch a fish. The target species will be posted on their website the night before. Catch a fish, take a picture of it on the measure mat that you will receive and have your anglers number in the shot. Pics to be uploaded to their website by 7am next day.

Its simple and Fishraider Admin would like to ask all raiders to join the cause.

Post here when you register and I will be contacting the organisers to show them what great commitment fishraiders have.

Good Luck - there are lots of great prizes on offer.

Check out the details at

http://www.pirtekfishingchallenge.com.au/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Cheers Admin

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have registered. For those who are interested:

The target species for each State will be announced on the website on April 18th

After you have registered you will receive in the mail a limited edition fishing challenge cap and fishing challenge brag mat.

I hope to see a lot of Raiders getting behind this event ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

regestered just then get involved people im going throught it now with dad it is truly a good cause

mick

C'mon Raiders. A lot of you will be fishing that day anyway. $15 for a free cap and measure mat, with the chance to win a couple of bob .... and your fee will be helping those in need like Mick's dad. Registration is quick and easy, and all fishos are welcome.

Cheers

Hodgey

$15 is not a lot of money, go out and be heard. Fly the flag for fishraiders and make sure that you let yourselves be known. This could be a good opportunity to do a recruitment drive.

What better way to advertise the best site around, than to have people ask about it. I know this from personal esperience with people asking about our stickers.

It is also a good way to stand out to other raiders.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

I,ll be in as soon as I get this bloody Paypal thingee sorted..

Cheers..

All sorted and paid, I'm in and registered..

Cheers..

Edited by Ray R

I'm in!! Most of us have had friends or relatives who have been touched by cancer in some way & I reckon most of us would know someone who has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.

This is a terrific way to help a good cause, whilst doing something that we love! Sure beats walking around a running track!!

Bring it on!! :yahoo::thumbup:

Roberta

Come on girls, jump on board & show these guys how to do it!! :biggrin2:

Edited by Roberta

im registered and paid

it should be a great day. :thumbup:

if anybody has a spot on they boat for the day. Please PM me

will cover some costs eg: fuel, bait,

got a spot here mate but be aware if the targeted fish is bass im off to lake st clair for the day big drive if salt water ill hit the parra or the harbour will be an all dayer to not half day may as well make the most of it get back to me if your interested

mick

Edited by breamhntr

got a spot here mate but be aware if the targeted fish is bass im off to lake st clair for the day big drive if salt water ill hit the parra or the harbour will be an all dayer to not half day may as well make the most of it get back to me if your interested

mick

Mick

:yahoo:

it sound great with me lake st clair, parra or the harbour, would like to spent the day on the water fishing and having a great time and maybe learn something new. Only i have never been bass fishing hope this is not a problem :(

let me know what i will need and Go Fish will see in a couple for days