National Fishing Challenge

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still time to register for this event. $15 is a cheap day's entertainment :1yikes:

Cheers

Hodgey

Where is Everybody ? only about 20 Raiders signed up i can see

I know time are rough money wise but $15 is not going to break the bank

Cameron

Edited by land based

Hi All

I have now registered for this great event - been a while since I have posted on here, but been a member for a few years.

I would be really keen to get out on a boat if anyone has a spot available??

Thanks and looking forward to a fun day

Mike

I must admit I am surprised that the fishraider men have not got behind this. Here are some facts about PROSTATE CANCER.

What is Prostate Cancer

Each year in Australia, close to 3000 men die of prostate cancer - equal to the number of women who die from breast cancer annually. Around 18,700 new cases are diagnosed in Australian every year.

Prostate cancer can be cured if detected and treated while still confined to the prostate gland. The tests for prostate cancer are the prostate specific antigen (PSA) blood test and the digital rectal examination (DRE). These tests do not give a conclusive diagnosis of cancer but can indicate the presence of prostate cancer.

While prostate cancer is most common in men over the age of 50, younger men with a history of prostate cancer in their family are at greater risk. What is complicated with prostate cancer is that some cancers grow very slowly and don't threaten life, whilst others grow more rapidly and do. It is as a result of this dilemma that we recommend you take an active role in your decision on testing, and if you develop cancer, how you choose to be treated. It is your choice.

Go to this website for more info on symptoms and treatments. If you are over 50 you should have had a test as part of a general checkup!!!!!! Swordie turns 50 in a few weeks and he will be going :) Cheers mrsswordfisherman (with my nurses hat on)

just thought id put this up after a convo with landbased we have decided if bass is a targeted species for the challange thats wat we will be targeting and we will be targeting them at lake stclair if anyone else is interested in coming up for the day if bass arnt we will either be hitting the parra or the hawks

mick

Still time to register guys and gals.

$15 is not a big price to pay for a good days fishing. You get a cap and a mat, and also help to raise money for a very worthy cause. What better way to do it.

Get a few mates, a day on or near the water doing what you love and helping to fund research into a very dangerous and deadly disease.

Come on Raiders. Fly the flag.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Excellent! And if you take Grant .... I'll give you 10 points head start for your handicap :074:

Cheers

Hodgey

That's the nicest thing anyones' ever said about me Hodgey!! :074:

I'm in. Your handicap will be that it will probably be snowing where you are on the day. I'm pointing the bone as I type! :ranting2:

Let's kick some butt Slinky!!! :yahoo:

C'mon Raiders!! Get behind this great cause. You'll more than likely be fishing on the day anyway so what's another $15.00 on your trip?

Look out Hodgey, I'm gunning for YOU!! :gun_bandana:

Cheers,

Grant.

Just see the post on this comp & had to sign up straight away.

Wish i seen it sooner will try to get mates to sign up as well,

even if a couple of the don't fish money is for a GREAT corse.

Also going the get all of my faimly in on it age 2yr to 55yrs.

would also like to get a spot on a boat willing to throw in for fuel etc.

hi all! a great cause for all to be behind!..but as i do not believe in credit cards and have a current drama

with paypal, i have a dilemma! could admin contact me so as i can donate by money-order or direct

deposit if possible...as for me there is no other way!

..cheers!..stevo!..

hi all! a great cause for all to be behind!..but as i do not believe in credit cards and have a current drama

with paypal, i have a dilemma! could admin contact me so as i can donate by money-order or direct

deposit if possible...as for me there is no other way!

..cheers!..stevo!..

pm sent Stevo

• 2 weeks later...

Not long to go now guys and gals. Hope you have all registered. Should be a fantastic day. You are not only fishing for a good cause, you could also be promoting Fishraider.

Anyway, have a great day all you guys and dolls going out for this event, and please make sure you all stay safe on the water.

If you catch any good fish, please take photos to post, not only in your new gear, but also with your raiders clobber as well. This includes brag mats for those that have them.

Cant wait to read any reports from this event.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

I think I better rustle up a snow jacket & ski boots for you Hodgey. :biggrin2:

I'm still pointing the bone!!! :074::074:

Cheers,

Grant.

LMAO! Gonna be an interesting day I reckon!

Slinky, did you get those dissolving 'special' split rings I sent you for Grant's lures? If the target species is bass, make sure you drop him off nice and early .... at the 'Pin! :074:

Skip

yaay!! Just got my hat & measure mat! They are expecting some big fish - it is 130cm long & wide enough to take a barramundi!!

Make sure you take plenty of pics with your fish, they say, incase it is needed for publication afterwards (with the hat on!!) Damn! I prefer my 'all round hat'! :( Will take the peaked one for the pics ...... will have to find someone else to take the pic of me & any fish tho! :1yikes: Gotta catch them first!! The rate I am going, I'll either catch them the day before or the day after! :074::074:

Cheers

Roberta