National Fishing Challenge

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday is the cut off for entering the Pirtek Challenge ...... make sure you are in it!! A buddy will be arriving here on Wed to compete in it, so has had her cap & mat sent to my address! Doesn't want to miss out! :)

Roberta

Better late than never, all paid and signed up. I actually had forgotten about this. The website says all saltwater fish will be accessible by SHORE and boat. I may have to expand up to wallis lake next sunday because all I can catch in Smiths Lake is flathead. Unless thats a target species. :1fishing1:

Hi Raiders

Just been on the Pirtek web site find these

Instruction Videos

PIRTEK FISHING CHALLENGE

FISHING TECHNIQUE VIDEOS

- Fishing the edge, Bass On Poppers

- Fishing the edge, Whiting on poppers

- Fishing the edge, Bait fishing and fishing for whiting

- Fishing the edge, Flathead fishing, where to find them

cant link them don't know why

So maybe Bass,whiting and flathead

but i really don't care what fish it will be i'm just hoping for a great day rain, hail or shine.

Cameron

Edited by land based

Well what an horrendous day. "Light to moderate winds" is apparently Meteorology speak for "blowing it's a$$ off, and "chance of isolated showers" really means "torrential stinging rain sporadically occurring" :074: Couldn't find the big girl from yesterday, although we did see some nice trophy fish in the shallows. Three fish for the day, and none of them over 55cm, so no photo submissions for us this year. :( That aside, had a bloody entertaining couple of days on the water, and looking forward to next year's comp.

Cheers

Hodgey

It was horrendous here too. The Gold Coast forecast was for 20-30kt winds, showers and a huge sea... so I bailed and committed myself to hiring a trailer and taking loads of garden waste to the tip for the day.

As I took the trailer back at about 4.00pm, with my back and shoulders aching like hell, I couldn't help noticing the wind howling across the Broadwater at 8-10 knots. The ominous blue sky made me glad I was in my car too.

:1badmood::1badmood:

Glad to have donated some money to a good cause though.

Hodgey, you need to invest in a better GPS so you can find the oyster rack where you tether your fish next time... :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky