Mission Complete... My First Marlin.

Sammy0884

Well, after three years, thousands upon thousands of dollars on boats and tackle... 5 LOST marlin.. i finally got the job done on the weekend

!

Crazedfisherdude and i hit Jervis Bay for a boys weekend with the intention to fish non stop. Given the recent hot action it was almost a sure thing, unlike the recent Interclub which saw the usually productive grounds of Port Stephens shut down completely. The weather was predicted to blow up in the afternoon so we hit the ramp at 8.30 with the intention of fishing until the Ne'r blew up then come home.

Bait was scarce so we stuck to pulling lures in the rough conditions. After working north we went wide, then back to the kink where at 2.30 we decided the wind was strong enough and we would make our way back in. We announced out intentions to another mate fishing over the radio, as soon as i put the handset down the rigger popped and the ratchet on the 50 screamed into life with 15kg line pouring off it. Chris did an awesome job of clearing the lines and setting chase after the fish...

After about 35 minutes and a number of close calls we had the fish boatside and the tag in! my first marlin capture! the fish was a 230cm short length which works out to be approximately 85kg. After a high five and some carrying on we set sail for home and a celebratory beer after an awesome day! Chris was awesome as the skipper, deckie, wire and tag man so i owe my sucess to his skill and effort! cheers mate its great to have the monkey off my back.. even better to have done it on my own boat !

post-1587-1237200288_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sammy0884

Well, after three years, thousands upon thousands of dollars on boats and tackle... 5 LOST marlin.. i finally got the job done on thursday!

Crazedfisherdude and i hit Jervis Bay for a boys weekend with the intention to fish 4 days non stop. Given the recent hot action it was almost a sure thing, unlike the recent Interclub which saw the usually productive grounds of Port Stephens shut down completely. The weather was predicted to blow up in the afternoon on thursday so we hit the ramp at 8.30 with the intention of fishing until the Ne'r blew up then come home.

Bait was scarce so we stuck to pulling lures in the rough conditions. After working north we went wide, then back to the kink where at 2.30 we decided the wind was strong enough and we would make our way back in. We announced out intentions to another mate fishing over the radio, as soon as i put the handset down the rigger popped and the ratchet on the 50 screamed into life with 15kg line pouring off it. Chris did an awesome job of clearing the lines and setting chase after the fish...

After about 35 minutes and a number of close calls we had the fish boatside and the tag in! my first marlin capture! the fish was a 230cm short length which works out to be approximately 85kg. After a high five and some carrying on we set sail for home and a celebratory beer after an awesome day! Chris was awesome as the skipper, deckie, wire and tag man so i owe my sucess to his skill and effort! cheers mate its great to have the monkey off my back.. even better to have done it on my own boat !

Gday Sammy0884

I have been there so many times and have not yet landed one. I have had a few big fish on and got them to the boat only to be cut off on the prop, snapped a rod at the boat after 1 and a half hours, and had a fish after 2 hrs spit the hooks on a lure boat side.

It is good to hear that someone else in ,my situation has finally come up with the goods.

Hopefully i will land one soon.

Congrats and tight lines.

Adam.

What a great report!

Congratulations on your first marlin Sam! :yahoo: Obviously the result of a lot of hard work, perseverance and I guess even a little luck. Two great mates and one great fish .... that's what it's all about! :thumbup::thumbup: Great photos fellas.

Cheers

Hodgey

Well done Sammy and Chris and a great team effort from you both as you cant catch em by your self .

Its nice to see a couple of young blokes that have put in the hard yards and got the reward for it.

Well done BOYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy