New Boat Floor

tide'n'knots

Hi guys I started putting a new false floor in my boat over the weekend as the last one was made from cheap ply and rotted away. This time I used heavy constuction ply and I decided to make an aluminium frame for the floor to sit on so that it isnt sitting in water on the bottom of the boat when it rains, with some under floor storage as well. The whole thing lifts out so it can be easily cleaned underneath and the odd sinker or swivel removed easily.

this is the aluminium frame

post-8689-1238671021_thumb.jpg

1 side with the ply on top showing the under floor hatch

post-8689-1238671088_thumb.jpgpost-8689-1238671172_thumb.jpg

I only have 1 side carpeted at this stage and the underfloor storage has to have some ply sitting on the ribs to keep it off the bottom of the boat and allow any water to pass underneath.

post-8689-1238671321_thumb.jpg

The aluminium frame was pop riveted together and aluminium tee pieces were pop riveted to the frame to divide the floor sections.

Pete.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I started putting a new false floor in my boat over the weekend as the last one was made from cheap ply and rotted away. This time I used heavy constuction ply and I decided to make an aluminium frame for the floor to sit on so that it isnt sitting in water on the bottom of the boat when it rains, with some under floor storage as well. The whole thing lifts out so it can be easily cleaned underneath and the odd sinker or swivel removed easily.

this is the aluminium frame

post-8689-1238671021_thumb.jpg

1 side with the ply on top showing the under floor hatch

post-8689-1238671088_thumb.jpgpost-8689-1238671172_thumb.jpg

I only have 1 side carpeted at this stage and the underfloor storage has to have some ply sitting on the ribs to keep it off the bottom of the boat and allow any water to pass underneath.

post-8689-1238671321_thumb.jpg

The aluminium frame was pop riveted together and aluminium tee pieces were pop riveted to the frame to divide the floor sections.

Pete.

Pete

Can I drop my tinnie over this week so you can finish it for me :biggrin2::biggrin2: as your job is better than mine

Cheers

Bob

Pete

Can I drop my tinnie over this week so you can finish it for me :biggrin2::biggrin2: as your job is better than mine

Cheers

Bob

Hi bob theres actually another post somewhere in this section that shows the completed job but these shots show the under floor storage a little better.

post-8689-1242359930_thumb.jpg

post-8689-1242359957_thumb.jpg

post-8689-1242359980_thumb.jpg

cheers pete.

Nice work Pete,

can i pay you to do mine????

I would think about it if you werent a manly supporter!!! :074::074::074:

seriously at the moment I have that much to do I cant even find time to fish AAARRRGGHHH! I am going stir crazy!

maybe when the river fishing slows down over winter I would be glad to help out if your serious.

Pete.

• 1 year later...

Good Work Pete,

There's nothing more rewarding than doing a job like that on your pride and joy by yourself!!! your previous setup was awsome hopefully this time around it does not rot away and you can get back to doing what you do best fishing :1fishing1:

Look forward to getting out there with you again soon.

Ill take you out on my Boat and hopefully you can give me an idea or 2 :biggrin2:

Regards,

Nathan

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...