Pt Stephens Yesterday On Broadbill

Ross Hunter

We had a busy day yesterday on Broadbill catching two stripes over 100 and a black marlin.

We had Raiders Dave and his mate Travis ( not sure of their Raider names but I am sure that they will see this post and reply)

The previous trip Glenn on Billfisher caught two, so we new that given good weather we were in for a good day. First day on the Sat. we encountered southerly winds of 20 knots making it difficult to get to the grounds.

On Sunday,having arrived at the grounds at 10 am it wasn't long before our first strike was encountered The big striped came up on our 8kg teaser ( a kingfish caught wih the first crew of raiders at the Almark in early Feb) We switched the marlin first go and away went Dave his first marlin after a long fight of an hour we released astriped of 120 klg then it was another marlin virgins turn, John from Woy Woy This time only half an hour and a 90kg striped released another one down .Then it was Travis on strike he was another virgin, but not for long when the deep bait went off to a sizeable black. Two hours later Travis is covered in sweat and wondering if he would ever catch this fish. He stuck to his guns and we eventually traced up a 80 kg black that had tangled in the trace. We were worried about the fish but we towed it for 15 minutes and when released swam away, hopefully to fight another day.

We would have caught everyone a fish yesterday, but take over three hours out of the day playing fish and that's a lot of lost time. However all credit to the anglers on a couple of really tough fish.

However three from four in a three hour fishing day will do me every day.

For a better update vist our web site www.gamefishingcharters.com.au Go into Fishing Reports and Fishing Stories and Hints

post-2782-1238964887_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1238964907_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1238964928_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1238964958_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1238964979_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1238965022_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1238965057_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1238965008_thumb.jpg

Yet again Ross, a fantastic report on the goings on of Broadbill. Terrific shots there mate, and its good to see so many virgins catching their first marlin. I bet the grins will last them a life time.

Keep the fabulous reports coming.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Thanks for a great day out Ross.

Me and Travis (Parratrav) only ever dreamed of catching a marlin, but yesterday turned into a reality.

We are still aching from the experience.

Thanks for all your advice as well as that from your deckie "Emu".

We also met some new friends aboard Broadbill in Ray & Darren, and because they live local to us at Sackville, we will keep in touch.

We cant wait to try the tuna fishing with you in June, and we will return again next year to have another crack at the marlin.

Once more, thanks for the experience Ross.

Dave

Thanks for a great day out Ross.

Me and Travis (Parratrav) only ever dreamed of catching a marlin, but yesterday turned into a reality.

We are still aching from the experience.

Thanks for all your advice as well as that from your deckie "Emu".

We also met some new friends aboard Broadbill in Ray & Darren, and because they live local to us at Sackville, we will keep in touch.

We cant wait to try the tuna fishing with you in June, and we will return again next year to have another crack at the marlin.

Once more, thanks for the experience Ross.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks mate we enjoyed the experience as well. I have passed your regards on to Emu. He is about to go fishing on Billfisher today. It is a special thrill for us crew to see guys catch their first marlin/ tuna.

Well done and we look forward to having you back on board another day

Ross and Emu

Yet again Ross, a fantastic report on the goings on of Broadbill. Terrific shots there mate, and its good to see so many virgins catching their first marlin. I bet the grins will last them a life time.

Keep the fabulous reports coming.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Flightmanager,

Thanks mate it is most appreciatted

Ross

Dave,

Thanks mate we enjoyed the experience as well. I have passed your regards on to Emu. He is about to go fishing on Billfisher today. It is a special thrill for us crew to see guys catch their first marlin/ tuna.

Well done and we look forward to having you back on board another day

Ross and Emu

Ross,

How did Glenn & Emu go on Wednesday on Billfisher?

Dave