Lost My Virgininity With Swordy

sadamson

Today I lost my virginity for bream fishing using lures.

Thanks to the Master, the Guru Sword fisherman

Thanks Stewy.

This morning we hit the harbour and it was the first time I have gone fishing without bait. The target was Bream using hard body, blades, and soft plastics.

In the first hour after putting the boat in the water the score was Stewy 4 good size flathead, and three 30 cm plus bream all returned to the water.

Myself first a 6cm bream my first on a hard body and I was wrapped. Then I up graded to a 10 cm bream I was over the moon then I hit the big time a 15 cm bream all on hard bodies how good is this.

We then moved location and started using Blades, my second cast I landed a keeper size bream but let I go as it was my first on a blade.

Then it went quite for a couple of hours moved around a lot.

We were casting soft plastics around moored boats when Stewy got smashed close in to the boats and he was only using 4kg line after a battle of a couple of minutes he got smoked man was he P***ED Off .The line popped without us seeing what it was but it was BIG as Stewy told me a dozen times his heart was thumping and pulse racing.

We slowly made of way back to the ramp and Stewy picked up a 55cm flathead at the end of the day. It was a great day I learnt how to use different kinds of lures and a new knot, how to join braid to mono. That reminds me do you know how hard it is to untangle a large bird’s nest in braid when you have a flathead grab hold of the soft plastic as it hangs in the water?

Thanks you Stewy for you company and all your help and advice.

post-6862-1239178315_thumb.jpg

post-6862-1239178329_thumb.jpg

post-6862-1239178300_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reggie the Rabbit

It was great to have you onboard Steve and I hope you learned a few things as well as your new 5 turn surgeon knot :biggrin2: The fishing was fun and seeing Steve score his 1st,2nd,third and fourth upgrade was the highlight of the morning for me.

That shot of my rod bent right down to the butt shows how big the fish was and for one second I thought I was gunna get it.The unseen predator came roaring out from the pylon and out into deep water with me in hot pursuit on the leccy under full drag and for what ever reason ,the fish said see ya later baby and about turned and ran more than 30 metres back to the pylon and I said to Steve ,I am goneeeeeeeeeeeee :(

Mate ,

Thanks for the great coffee and choc chip bikkies and great company,I really enjoyed having you fish beside me today and scoring a few fish was just a bonus.

Here a few more pics of the days fishing including Reggies upgrade photos and the swordfisherman pose for posterity :1yikes:

post-256-1239179142_thumb.jpg

post-256-1239179168_thumb.jpg

post-256-1239179179_thumb.jpg

post-256-1239179190_thumb.jpg

post-256-1239179202_thumb.jpg

We also saw an unsual sight in the Parra, a seaplane :1yikes:

post-256-1239179262_thumb.jpg

post-256-1239179274_thumb.jpg

post-256-1239179286_thumb.jpg

post-256-1239179298_thumb.jpg

post-256-1239179310_thumb.jpg

post-256-1239179323_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

well done guys, no doubt about it reggie, stewy really knows how to fish hardbodies and plastics!

DAMN THE WEATHER REPORTS STEWY!!!!!! :074::074: at least I got to fish some unsuitable conditions and that was a real learning curve for me - I dont sound too envious do I?

top session boys.

Pete.

Congrats on your induction into lure fishing for bream Steve. That photo of the bent rod is a pearler and demonstrates the power you can encounter when fishing this way. Great to read that you landed a few; that last one in particular is a beauty. :thumbup:

Now that you have a better knowledge of lure fishing, you'll be able to attack your favourite water more confidently. Looks like you both had a very enjoyable day ... the Raider 'network' doing it's stuff again!

Cheers

Hodgey

well done on the bream guys gotta hate those bloody kings hey stewy always appear when the light gear is in use

mick

It am nearly 100% sure it was not a king as it had very big head shakes and I think it may have been a big jew :wacko: We were in Iron Cove and you dont get many kings down that way and the water was dirty as well.

post-6862-1239178300_thumb.jpg

It am nearly 100% sure it was not a king as it had very big head shakes and I think it may have been a big jew :wacko: We were in Iron Cove and you dont get many kings down that way and the water was dirty as well.

Looking at where you and Stephen were and the rod bend Stewy, the way you were leaning into it and the contentrating air about you, I'll bet money that fish was a jew, when you think about it, it couldn't be anything else....

Good Iron Cove session anyway boys...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

What a top session Reggie, and who better to lose your "virginity" with that Swordy. You realise there is no turning back now. You will be hooked for life.

I like the way the fish got bigger and bigger and so did the grin on your face.

Can't wait to read the next installment.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Great stuff Steve... Stewy's a great fisho and a great teacher. Sounds like an awesome session. :thumbup:

Stewy... you probably shouldn't have been casting so close to the plane mate. Those DeHaviland Beavers are always going to dust you off, even on 4kg. :074:

Great photos.

Cheers, Slinky

hey stewie

May have to report you to casa , you just cant go around throwing hard bods at cessna seaplanes :1prop:

By the way the blackies are down at the butts if you can find some weed

catch ya

mark

Went there on Monday and only got a few small ones :( I have a fridge full of weed and the mrs is not happy :mad3:

Cheers Stewy

Nice session boys. :thumbup:

Great to see some nice fish caught.

Love the pic of you locked up Stewy! :1yikes: That was one hell of a fish by the looks of it. What did it hit mate?

Hope you nail him next time around.

Cheers,

Grant.

Congrats Reggie, you'll be hooked on lures for good now!

OMG! :1yikes: The bend on that rod is amazing Stewy! Shame he 'did ya' - but always on the cards, when fishing that light, eh? Shame!

CHeers

Roberta

Nice session boys. :thumbup:

Great to see some nice fish caught.

Love the pic of you locked up Stewy! :1yikes: That was one hell of a fish by the looks of it. What did it hit mate?

Hope you nail him next time around.

Cheers,

Grant.

I was using one of my fav 2 inch atomic grubs in motor oil ,special for big bream and it has caught my PB of 45 cms :biggrin2:

I did give the monster one hell of a fright for a few minutes.

Cheers Stewy

We hooked a king off the moored boats in IC today. Would have gone close to 70cm. Swam out from the moored boats straight at us and out the other side. once it realised it was hooked, 2 big head shakes and it was gooone. Fishing 3lb and without a bit of luck, we didn't stand a chance.