Big Blue Marlin 361kg Just Been Weighed

just had it confirmed it weighed 361kg on 24kg and the angler was a 61 year old man just checked the NSW records and has smashed it.

Old record for NSW was 280kg on 24

I was out there today and spoke to the skipper on radio during the fight, the fish was on 37kg and was fought for a full 4.5 hours before coming up dead, Skipper said it was too big to get in boat, now i know why 361kg what a beast, hope to see pics.

Seen the fish being weighed tonite, it was big. Well done to Gino , Frank and angler Vince.

Cheers Silvo - Bentstik

hey silvo ,whats doin mate ,did you get any photos

email em if thats alright if he doesnt want them posted on the net

cheers arman

cheers arman

Where did they hook up anyone know?? Thats a big effort thought the bills would off to greener warmer waters by now??!

cheers arman

Arman

How are you , we went out today but did not turn a reel but thats fishing. Did hear a few Yfin caught and one that went 75/80 kg on 24. Here are two photos I took last night on my phone

attachmentid=42082]

post-3318-1241351112_thumb.jpg

Cheers Silvo

post-3318-1241350811_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bentstik

Arman

How are you , we went out today but did not turn a reel but thats fishing. Did hear a few Yfin caught and one that went 75/80 kg on 24. Here are two photos I took last night on my phone

attachmentid=42082]

post-3318-1241351112_thumb.jpg

Cheers Silvo

Well done fellas I was listening on channel 21 on Saturday to your struggle and figured that it was an epic battle..Great to see it ended well for you both.

We caught a 297kg on 24kg blue in '92 and it too died, so I have an idea what it is like to get that lift going on a dead blue marlin Congratulations again.

Ross Hunter

Hey every1,

Just a quick briefing of the best fishing day of my life yet. had a bottom bash at Browns and with conditions becoming pretty hard to fish the bottom we decided to pull the pin and go for a troll, headed S/E of Browns and within 30min saw a big Marlin tail swim in front of the boat than it went out of sight. We did a sharp turn on the boat, within a couple of minutes the JB Evil Dingo on the shot gun got smashed on 37kg. My 66yr old father jumped on the rod and once settled into the fight, everyone got thinking about how big this fish was gonna be we knew it was big but not that bloody big :1yikes:. After fighting her for 4.5hrs we had it boat side by this time she was pretty much dead. Dad did a top effort fighting the fish on 300lb which, was about 5min away from giving way. Like to thank Ivan from Ambition on travelling 6nm back out to sea in darkness and stormy conditions to kindly cart the fish back to SGFC as towing her boat side of a 7m predator doing 4knt 18nm off shore at 6pm. Also like to thank my crew member Frank who did an awesome job tracing the fish.

We have sent the Marlin down to Fred Marlin Moulds at Callala and after speaking to him today as I was curious to see what was inside her stomach and he told me she had a 11kg yellowfin or stripy couldn’t tell the difference.

:yahoo: