Squid Jig Brands

my brothers first cast with my 26 dollar yamashita 2.5, best squid jig ever, his bail was closed, and his KNOT FAILED!

wow... that sux... Do yamashita's actually go for $26.5?

that's like almost double the price I've seen them at shops.

Cheap squid jigs work Ok - sometimes, but for consistent results the more expensive jigs will work better everytime. IMO the Yamashita jigs in natural colors produce the best results, my 1st choice is green/gold & 2nd is white with black stripes

Cheap squid jigs work Ok - sometimes, but for consistent results the more expensive jigs will work better everytime. IMO the Yamashita jigs in natural colors produce the best results, my 1st choice is green/gold & 2nd is white with black stripes

hi, just wondering if the cloth or painted jig would be better to purchase?

are there any differences between the cloth or painted jigs? performance or life of usage as i noted a few post back some members mentioned how the squid can attack the jigs and wear them out.

thanks

The Yamashitas naturals are a cloth covered jig. Don't worry about wearing them out - after catching a heap of squid, they might not look as good as they did in the tackle shop, but the squid don't seem to care !