Big Tuna Caught On Spicey Sardine Last Sunday

BIG YELLOWFIN CAUGHT BY PORT HACKING GAME FISHING CLUB BOAT “SPICEY SARDINE”

The highlight of the weekend was President of the PHGFC Peter Talbot’s son Andrew Talbot’s great 63.5 kg yellowfin.

The big fish took a lure in 300 fathoms and Andrew spent 3.5 hours on the rod in a see sawing battle. A truly great effort.It is the largest tuna weighed this season for the club.

This all looks great for the upcoming Port Hacking 100 tournament held on 15th to 17th May, a few more big tuna will be caught as well as striped and blue marlin and some great sharks.

For details on the tournament ring Peter Talbot on 0410 511223.

It is run from the Port Hacking Royal Motor yacht club weigh-ins from 5 pm. Visitors most welcome.

This tournament is one of the friendliest run on the coast. Pt Hacking is my club, having been a member since '78 and over the years I have fished many 100's .The club moved the tournament forward to co-incide with better fishing ie The chance of marlin and certainly some great tuna fishing. All that are intersted ring Peter Talbot for details or visit the Pt Hacking web site for an entry.

Ross Hunter

post-2782-1241645234_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1241645316_thumb.jpg

nice fish...and looking forward to the comp :1fishing1:

Unreal fish .. I fished on strike zone NE of browns on wed for a double hookup both fish around 35kg one took a live slimey off the surface and the other a cube. Heaps of boats out and very little caught if you can trust the radio chatter. Got the fish around 3pm and fished into the dark for only a couple of stripeys.

Wow! Congrats to you! Looks like one of ours that escaped from south of San Diego..... :1yikes: .....I can hardly wait to get to Hurricane Bank and do some damage on the YFT's, big Kingies and Hoos after our local Albacore season here out of So Cal...(Be back in Sydney soon) ... :beersmile: Always on the look-out for fellow Raiders, wherever you are .....Cheers, Tom the Yank

• 3 weeks later...